Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody remembera remington 870 with a light colored stock made in the 60s called a sunburst,,is my memory fading? thanks ron y

·
Registered
107 Posts
The 27th edition of the Blue Book lists this under Model 870AP Slide Action: "Add 15% for "Sungrain" blonde maple wood (mfg. 1959-1961)." So I'd say your memory is just fine. I saw one advertised a few years back, but I can't remember where. Maybe it's my memory I need to worry about.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ron,

Your memory is just fine. Remington only made them for a couple of years, but they were also available in the Model 58 as well. I have two of them. One is a 12 gauge skeet gun, the other a 20 gauge skeet gun (Unfired) with an extra 26" IC barrel (Also unfired) They are unique in that they have maple stocks, a gold magazine cap, trigger pins and butt plate screws. They are pretty rare, but you do see one up on the auction block every now and then.

Regards, Jim B.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Jim, would you mind posting some pictures of one of yours? I don't believe I've ever seen one. Or you can email them to me at the above address, just remove the x's.

Joe

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I never knew they had a name, but the fire company raffled one off when I was a kid. I thought it was the prettiest gun I ever saw. I scrimped and saved all my lawn-mowing and odd-job money to buy chances on it (25 cents each, or a book of five for a dollar if I remember correctly). When I'd go the fire-house to buy another chance (kids were allowed to do that then), I'd just stare at the gun.

I still have a hard time coping with not winning that gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.