Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to know from some Remington Experts. Can a barrel that has been drilled for use on a Model 58 be used on an 870 without any ill effects? I have heard that some 870 barrels can be made to work on a Model 58. Can a model 58 barrel be made to shoot on an 870?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep you can shoot the 58 barrel on the 870 with no problems. If its a permanent deal you might want to fill in the gas port holes just to help with cleaning which isn't much. You can also have your 870 barrel gas ported to shoot it on your 58.

My main trap gun is a Rem 58 with original full choke barrel but when I hit the sporting clay's field I put my Rem express barrel with Rem chokes that has been ported for the 58 on. The express barrel then goes back on the 870 Wing Master for use with it.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Jeff has the right solution. That way the barrel can be sold in the future for either a 58 or 870.

But there is no problem using it as is on an 870. It might dirty up the surface of the mag tube a bit, but that can be cleaned.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Tap a lead shot in each hole. Easy enough to remove if you want to return the barrel to use on a 58.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts