Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 870 comp with a ported barrel. There are 2 rows of eight ports then a break and then 2 rows of 4 on each side of the barrel. Anybody know who might have done the work?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Makes one wonder what else they attempted to do to one of Remington's better barrels is the choke still factory or been opened up?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes one wonder what else they attempted to do to one of Remington's better barrels is the choke still factory or been opened up?
Took it out to the grease board this morning. All I can say is wow. Definitely has not been opened up.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I'd also like to see a photo of this barrel. I bought an 870 Competition years ago that came with two barrels, one of which had been ported. I sold that barrel but wonder if yours could be that barrel.

Ed

·
Registered
388 Posts
kingman,
From your description of the Porting pattern it could very well be Angle Port by Ballistic Specialties. However seeing pics. would be a lot more helpful. So I cannot be for certain.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It sounds a lot like the factory porting that was done on the Remington 90T.

Reactions: kingman

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics for people who wanted to see the barrel. Other pic is off the comb hardware. Is this homemade?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Nitro27man will have the official answer to this question I just talked to him about another 870 comp question. Kingman FYI he is a retired factory rep owns 3 870 comps and I currently own 2 with one as NIB.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That's a shame, I don't believe that any 870 Comps came ported. It was one of the best barrels Rem ever came out with, it'd turn a target inside out.

JMHO, Pat

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
The name of that porting pattern is on the tip of my tongue but it just won't move any farther! I owned a used Krieghoff Model 32 that had that same porting and there is a name for it but damned if I can think of it. The 870 Comp barrel I had was ported with oval ports with no separation between groups.

Ed

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
It's Seitz style porting. Allems still does it aftermarket, as does Ken Eyster. Anyone with a jig can do it, so there's is NO way to tell who actually did it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts