Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone I know who has a newer (last 10 years ) 870 20 gauge has a real hassel assembling them. Express and Wingmaster both are problematic.I'm one of them having a problem.. Youtubed it on assembling it an Brownell had a good vidio but on 12 gauge. Never had a problem with 12 gauge 870.
Seems the forend double slides will not stay in the receiver groves for them when bolt and carrier are on them properly.
Anybody got an answer.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You have to push in the magazine shell stops as you push the forend assembly, bolt, and slide into the receiver. Start the slide bars into the receiver, then keep a little backward pressure as you depress both shell stops, one at a time. You will feel the slide bars seating properly. I have had an Express and a 870 LW 20ga. and had no problems.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
333t is correct,----- also check that BOTH action bars are straight & parallel with the tube that slides over the magazine tube, if anything just "very slightly" wide where the carrier sits on them, this will help keep them lined up while you depress the shell stops and slide things in. The bars should start in just a little ways before you have to depress the shell stops.

Rem. doesn't (can't afford to) take the time and effort that they used to getting things aligned and fitted. A sign of the times I guess. Ross Puls

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Have tried everything but action bars not sliding into slots in receiver properly. Going to send back to Remington. Shame I shot skeet better with this gun than all the high priced O/U I've had.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Check to make sure your feed latches are in the proper location. I had this problem with someone's gun a while back and that's what it was.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts