Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
What's your address, and when you serving? LOL. I am not picky.

·
Registered
604 Posts
For your rub. Chile powder,paprica,mustard powder black pepper,some cayenne for heat some garlic powder.mix and pat on your roast,let stay for as long as you can. Cook over indirect heat maybe four to six hours.after about three hours or so start basting with your bbq sauce. Bbq sauce= big can tomato sauce plus about 1/2 cup rub plus to taste lemon juice,vinegar,lousiana hot sauce,wourschester sauce a little tabasco,onion powder,about 1/2 stick butter, a little oil.Baste the meat every thirty mins or so . make sure the heat is not too hot or the bbq sauce will burn on the outside.About 45 mins before it is done add a jar of blackberry or peach jam to the bbq sauce and start basting about every 15 mins being careful not to let the sauce burn.It will make a glaze,then crust over.You know the rest of the story.Mike

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Please consider cutting your pork loin into three equal pieces. As one piece, there will only be 2 heels. With 3 roasts, there will be 6 heels, and that is where the flavor is.

For each roast, make up a gooey paste of;

-4 cloves of garlic, pressed

-4 teaspoons of fresh, chopped rosemary

-4 teaspoons of fresh, chopped thyme

-1 1/2 teaspoons salt

-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

-2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons EVOO

Mix up the ingredients for each roast separately and uniformly spread the concoction onto all the surfaces of the meat evenly.

Place each roast on a tin foil roast pan so you capture the juices.

Cook at as close to 400 as you can for about 30 minutes with the fat side down.

Turn the roasts over and cook them for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the interior temp. is around 160. Don't overcook.

If you invite me over, I'll eat one of the heels. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts