Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I elvated my comb to get the gun to shoot higher. Looks like about a 75/25 now?? Here are my results: 2 shots from 13 yards. It looks to me as if the P.O.I. should be adjusted the the right a bit. What say you? P.O.A. is marked just below the printed circle. Most of the practice round scores that followed were a bit lower than my modest average. Last round was OK, and one round of 20 yd caps was better than usual. Citori special sporting clays, IM choke. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you shoot from a rest?
It doesn't look too bad.

I would shoot it a few more times.
Thanks West. That was shot standing with no rest. Maybe I'll drag a saw horse with me tomorrow and try it from a rest??

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Make sure you're not canting the gun because that will throw the POI of a high shooting gun generally to the left for a right handed shooter. You can fix that with a pad adjuster.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You need to rest the gun just like a rifle to be sure you are not canting the shotgun. I had barrels shooting left or right in the past which I corrected by wedge the barrel in the legs of a picnic table at the pattern board applying applying firm pressure to to the side of the barrel needing adjustment. It is surprising that just a small amount of barrel adjustment will correct point of impact. Worked every time and I do expect to get flamed on this. FYI.....I only did this with single barrels shotguns.

SM

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
It requires a good deal of thought and attention, but if you can stick with this until the end

Is effect of cant greater w/ high ribs? (Winston)

I think you will come away understanding that the effect of cant of a gun is determined by the height of the POI in relation to the POA and the degree of cant, and is unrelated to the specifics of the design of the gun, be it unsingle, high-rib, O/U or any thing else.

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts