Trapshooters Forum banner

725 sporting high rib

1822 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Rocket3
Anyone have this gun. Want it for trap and a all around clays gun. Guns Unlimited guy said sporting with high rib shoots 50/50.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,537 Posts
So get the Trap version with a Higher POI if you want one!!! You might want to check and see what Browning website has to say about the POI of that shotgun??? I have a feeling it should be a 60/40. I would believe what Brownings website say's before I trust any ole salesman!!!
Good Luck on your quest for the perfect shotgun. Don't forget to break em all jeff

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Contact Guns Unlimited on the Universal adjustable rib gun. A friend was told you can get up to 100% POI. I would think it would go 60-40 to 100%. Make sure you order with adjustable comb. Everyone that has one loves the adjustable Universal gun.

· Premium Member
227 Posts
Anyone have this gun. Want it for trap and a all around clays gun. Guns Unlimited guy said sporting with high rib shoots 50/50.
I have this gun, it was my first over under. I shot trap with it for about 2 years (had my first 25 with it). I have no idea what the POI is (at figure 8 I guess), I had the comb sett so I saw lots of rib between the bead and so had a high POI anyway. I just adjusted the comb until it hit the way I liked.

· Banned
531 Posts
I have this gun, it was my first over under. I shot trap with it for about 2 years (had my first 25 with it). I have no idea what the POI is (at figure 8 I guess), I had the comb sett so I saw lots of rib between the bead and so had a high POI anyway. I just adjusted the comb until it hit the way I liked.
I also have one,(model#0136243009 ) It does say in the book POI 50/50. I also have the comb maxed out as high as the factory comb can go without falling out and a 1/8" soft pad on top of that, I also put some space between the beads and at best maybe mine is max 50/50, which is fine for my shooting style, I also use it for SC.

· Banned
531 Posts
I can’t understand why people who buy sporters and want to shoot trap. Then they bit.h about their scores and wonder why they can’t shoot the thing very good.
Yes me either, lol , But the sales person I worked with mis-lead me as I was not a big trap enthusiast when I bought this gun, as he said one gun does it all, I did not have a lot of contact with true trap shooters as I was just getting into it, now shooting and speaking with others at the range and places like this (about 3 years ) I have learned a lot from much more knowagble people in the sport, just answering your question "why"

Reactions: Township Chief

· Keystone Shooter
2,681 Posts
Yes me either, lol , But the sales person I worked with mis-lead me as I was not a big trap enthusiast when I bought this gun, as he said one gun does it all, I did not have a lot of contact with true trap shooters as I was just getting into it, now shooting and speaking with others at the range and places like this (about 3 years ) I have learned a lot from much more knowagble people in the sport, just answering your question "why"
Bingo! Rbdjr that’s exactly what happens. The uninformed new shooter goes to the big box stores and talks to the salesperson who knows less about the differences between a Field shotgun, sporting shotgun or a trap specific shotgun. The sales person tells the new shooter this shotgun is an all around gun. AND now here’s the kicker, it’s only $550 or $1000. So the new shooter jumps on this because he feels he’s getting a “good” deal. So off to the trap range or local club and begins to shoot the gun. It smacking him in the cheek, which causes him to lift his head off of the stock because it hurts. Of course he’s missing birds and his scores suck. And NOW he begins asking questions why his new “sporter” is hurting his cheek, and why he can’t hit the birds like others on the line. It is a shotgun, right?

· Banned
531 Posts
Bingo! Rbdjr that’s exactly what happens. The uninformed new shooter goes to the big box stores and talks to the salesperson who knows less about the differences between a Field shotgun, sporting shotgun or a trap specific shotgun. The sales person tells the new shooter this shotgun is an all around gun. AND now here’s the kicker, it’s only $550 or $1000. So the new shooter jumps on this because he feels he’s getting a “good” deal. So off to the trap range or local club and begins to shoot the gun. It smacking him in the cheek, which causes him to lift his head off of the stock because it hurts. Of course he’s missing birds and his scores suck. And NOW he begins asking questions why his new “sporter” is hurting his cheek, and why he can’t hit the birds like others on the line. It is a shotgun, right?
Kinda , but not big box store , Bought the Browning 725, got a good deal, nice wood, 32" O/U, HR, Adj comb, $2400 out the door, but is more of a SC gun that you can enjoy trap with, since I purchased a CG Summit Trap Combo, so trap with the CG and SC with the Browning 725.

Reactions: Township Chief
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.