Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 725 sporting and don't really care for the shape of the forend and the checkering is sharp and after a couple hundred rounds it rubs a sore spot on my thumb. I was thinking about changing it out for a trap style forend. Is there a difference or will all citori forends interchange? I'm using a PFS so I don't have to match wood colors.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Browning's have sharp checkering,that's one reason I wear gloves year round.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I dont like the sporting style forearm either. Trap style, but I want the lower shooting sporter. Since I havent pulled the trigger yet, Im waiting for Browning to offer me a choice..

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont like the sporting style forearm either. Trap style, but I want the lower shooting sporter. Since I havent pulled the trigger yet, Im waiting for Browning to offer me a choice..
Exactly, I like the flat rib, dislike the forend. I am considering having a wood grip for my PFS and matching forend made.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yes, the sporting and Trap/Skeet forearm wood should interchange on a 725 iron. I put sporting wood on my 725 skeet and it fit OK, there was a slight gap between the wood and the side flats of the iron that was acceptable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts