Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Heavy Duty 70mm Bore Brush.

A number of years back a Fellow at the Penn. & Jersey State Shoots sold a Heavy Duty 70mm Bore Brush.

Any one know how I may acquire a couple of these brushes?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking for a Heavy Duty 70mm Bore Brush.

A number of years back a Fellow at the Penn. & Jersey State Shoots sold a Heavy Duty 70mm Bore Brush.

Any one know how I may acquire a couple of these brushes?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Are you sure you want that size? 75mm is almost 3 inches in diameter. Are you cleaning sewer pipes?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I generally use a 10ga bore brush for heavy 12ga barrel cleaning. I just buy the bronze ones so they won't hurt my barrels any. The 10ga brush is also great for cleaning out the chamber area. I use a standard 12ga brush on choke tubes.

Buster 25,

Not quite sure which style of brush you're looking for. They make several different ones and I hear good things about the "tornado" style but haven't tried one yet. I'm waiting to wear out my existing brushes before trying something else.

ss

·
Vendor
5,033 Posts
The man you are looking for is Rodge-F. He sold a 20mm brush for what you want to do. Put his name in Google. He is usually at the larger east coast shoots.
Mike Battista

·
Registered
886 Posts
The 20mm brush that Mike mentioned is also available from Brownell's.

I use it dry chucked in my drill and run 'er back and forth a few times. Then the wooly stick with the oil bob coated with Slip 2000.

locdoc_2008_030338.jpg

locdoc_2008_030339.jpg

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike, Roger F is the man's name.

And you are correct 20mm Not 70mm is what I'm looking for Sorry about that.

Thanks for the help Gent's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.