Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a burn rate chart that showed Vectan powders in comparison with Alliant and Hodgdon. It looks like the Prima-SV powder, same burn rate as Clays, would be a great choice for 7/8 oz 12g @1200fps load and Powder Valley shows it in stock at $16.75 for a 1.1 pound bottle ($15.23/pound). I don't seem to be able to find any shotgun load data for this powder. Has anyone used this powder in a 12 gauge Remington Gun club hull for 7/8 oz loads at 1200fps?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are a few 7/8 loads for Vectan powder but so far all I can find use Noble Sports or Cheddite hulls. I goggled
Vectan reload data and came up with Noble sports web page for reloading their powder. I am not computer savvy
enough to send this link to their PDF file but if I can goggle it anyone probably can {HEE HEE} Lyle

·
Registered
999 Posts
I am using Vectan AS powder with GCs subbed for AAHS hulls in 7/8 oz.loads. Go to Grafs.com. Click on one of the Vectan powders and you will see a link for Nobel Sport Shotshell data. Download the PDF. There are a few Remington and Winchester loads listed so far and more seem to be added as they are tested. My current favorite 7/8oz. load is 18 gr. Vectan AS ,TGT12 wad, in an AAHS or Remington hull. It is good for [email protected] 8900psi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been testing the Prima SV

20gr (measured) with 1 oz of shot, imp mod choke
3 test fires 1406, 1396, 1409 FPS
very stable

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Has anybody tried the A24 bunker load listed on the Vectan pamphlet? Our local wholesaler wants me to be the guinea pig but I just want to see if anybody here already tried it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scott5134 said "I have been testing the Prima SV"

Scott, Vectan says this is a granulated powder, what bushing did you use to drop 20gr?

Have you loaded any 7/8 oz loads using 18 gr of this powder?

Being that it is granulated, did you find it to meter well through the reloader?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have re-loaded a bunch of different loads with Vectan AS. It is a flake powder and it meters very good, much better than I thought it would.

I have shot some 19.0 gr of Vectan AS with 7/8 oz of shot, that show they are 1300 fps.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/images/LD12Vectan.pdf

The Vectan powder data on BPI's web site shows 20.1 gr of Vectan AS powder in a Win AA HS hull with 7/8 oz of shot at 9700 psi at 1350 fps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts