Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a 7/8 oz wad to use with gold metal and estate hulls,...... any ideas??

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Like was mentioned above, 12SO or any clone. I use the CB's. They are great 7/8oz or 24gm wads in any Fed. I don't like any of the so-called 7/8oz wads - way too much shot above the cup. Even w/ the 24gm/12SO the drop comes right to the top of the cup. Works fine in Rems too FWIW

works for me

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Take a look and explain please----Both the Gold Medal and Estate were both loaded with a Fed 12S0 wad----7/8 oz shot with 17.4 gr Red Dot Same loader at the same loading procedure----Several tries and all the same---I very seldom use estates but wanted to try it out---I'm very satisfied with the GM even tho they are somewhat concave at the crimp---could use a few more BBs and it would be perfect----Just wondering why the [email protected]

·
Registered
661 Posts
George/southjblue, The Gold Medals may have a larger internal volume than the Estates. Cut open some empties and look at the difference in the shape of the basewads. Also compare the heights of the hulls. My Gold Medals are taller than my Estates. Bob

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I useworked fine.d my one oz wads and put a 20ga fiber wad in the cup under the shot. A little slower process, but they worked fine.

JON

·
Banned
155 Posts
Correct,

"The Gold Medals may have a larger internal volume than the Estates" and Top Guns. They have a big fat paper base wad in them.

Kevin

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Anyone try the Claybuster "Lightning" CB4100-12B. It is a 7/8 - 1 oz. windjammer clone, eight pedal wad. I would think in a Federal Gold Medal Paper, the recoil would be a negative degree. In other words, you would have to lean back. LOL

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
I used a bag of the Lightning things for some skeet loads. but they felt the same to me hahaha

the pattern board didn't show any difference so I decided that I didn't need another wad in the inventory and didn't gte any more of them

JMO of course YMMV

Charlie

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ballistic Products has some of the European wads for straight hulls that work.I've used alot of the dual 1 ounce 7/8 ounce wads with great results in a bunch of Paper GM hulls as well as plastic.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That's the old style Estate.

Try the new and improved Estate - slick, no paper basewad, crimps great. Use 2 times and toss. It has a little more capacity than the old Estate. Believe UEE (Spain) is doing the hull for Estate/Federal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.