Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II un-single trap combo purchased from Joel Etchen guns 3 years ago (34” un-single and 32” O/U).

Complete Beretta service including new barrel lug installation at the 2013 Grand. There are two options for the wood on this gun, both with adjustable pads by Rods Custom Stocks. The sale price includes either set of wood, but not both sets.

Option 1 (currently on gun) is a Dennis DeVault Bastogne walnut stock with ebony on the bottom of the palm swell. Option 2 (in the last two photos) is the original factory stock refinished in a gloss finish and lightened by removing the original finishing oils. The gun has double Allem roller release triggers, and the rollers are easily removed to convert back to pull triggers. Also included is an Americase combo case.

Custom wood inserts added to un-single (replacing the black plastic) were made from the same piece of Bastogne walnut as the stock and forend. Choke tubes include Beretta factory flush Optima tubes (F, IM, M, IC), Beretta extended Optima tubes (LF, IM, M) and one Briley extended Extra full. Choke tube wrenches for both style chokes are included.

There are a couple of spots where the finish has flaked off barely visible in the photos on the Option 1 stock. See the third photo near the lever. There are no other marks on wood or metal. There is slight bluing wear where the forend contacts barrel on un-single and slight metal finish wear in front of the trigger guard. The Option 2 (original wood) wood is beautiful after having been professionally refinished by Rods Custom Stocks (Rod Stumbo).

Stock dimensions (Option 1 wood):

Length of Pull – 14 ¼ in. with trigger adjusted toward recoil pad to shorten length of pull. Trigger can move approximately ¼ in. forward to add to length of pull.

Drop at Comb – 1 ½ in. at middle of comb with no spacers installed.

Drop at heel – 3 in.

Neutral cast.

Option 2 wood is the professionally refinished factory stock in the last 2 photos.

LOP - 14 ½ in. Neutral cast.

Contact Rob for more information or more photos. $3500 plus shipping.

970-443-9409

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jeff. It is pretty wood. I've been shooting my Perazzi well lately and that is why this one is for sale.

Rod Stumbo of Rod's Custom Stocks has completed re-finishing on the original stock, and it is pretty too. I'll post photos shortly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had been looking for this set up specifically in October and 'settled" on an XT Trap combo from Guns unlimited (a touch cheaper) ....now what do I do?

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I shoot a Gold E combo myself. Lights Out for sure!!!!!!! Dollar for dollar best combo for the money.

Someone really needs to buy this!!!!!!!

Brady

1 - 20 of 29 Posts