Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 682 gold e combo. Now this has never happened to me. But my son took this gun to Rome wi. To shoot bunk trap. And he had several times where the gun double fire both rounds at the same time. Has anyone had this problem and point me in the right direction for a fix.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You should try it yourself. Could be operator error.
It may have been bouncing on his shoulder and firing twice rapidly.
Pull the stock and see if anything is broken etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have at least twice hit the barrel selector while opening the gun and left it in the middle. This seems to have enabled the gun to fire both barrels.

My Beretta has the provision for a set screw to block the barrel selector from moving and the screw is now installed. NO more incidents since locking the selector in place.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
But did he break the target?

·
Premium Member
12,908 Posts
Could be the placement of the trigger itself relative to his trigger finger.

If the trigger is situated for him so his finger is JUST at the right (wrong) spot the gun can 'bump fire' a second shot as it recoils. (NOTE - I am assuming that the barrels are going off a fractional second apart, not actually at the exact same time)

See this a lot with Brownings, but it can happen with any gun that has two barrels and a moveable trigger blade.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make sure the trigger blade has not moved to the back of the guard....if it did that can cause your gun
to double.......same thing happened on my 682 gold e......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To the Rapid86. I asked him and yes he did break the target. To everyone else. Thank you for your input. I m going to shoot some bunker trap this weekend. So I will be giving it a try myself. Thanks Don

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He went this weekend to shoot bunker at Rome WI. Called me and said it was doing it again. So I asked him when he got home if he was relieving the pressure from his trigger finger after the first shot. He said no that there was some pressure on it. so I think problem solved. Thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts