Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get a 682 Gold E to just extract only or barely eject? I would prefer if it left the shell more or less in the chamber so I could just grab it from there instead of it launching out.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there a way to get a 682 Gold E to just extract only or barely eject? I would prefer if it left the shell more or less in the chamber so I could just grab it from there instead of it launching out.

Thanks
Depending on the design of the forearm, you can remove the ejector sears of the barrel you want to stay in so that the ejector just lifts out for extraction.

I did this on a Bi-Gun and my K-32 when I had it to decrease the wear and tear on the back of the ejector.

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
I did not know Coles had some already to go.

I bought an extra pair of standard springs and started cutting them one coil at a time until they did not spit out the hulls. I just put the original ones in when I want the hulls to fly. No tools needed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The temporary fix is to do as Leo had said and remove your ejectors and trim them 1 coil at a time till you get what you want. Easy to do about 20 minute job.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Rather than modify the springs, you can modify the sears so they don't engage the ejectors and they merely follow the track in the receiver. There's a post on here somewhere stating that this was a Rich Cole suggestion, you can probably find it with a little searching.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rather than modify the springs, you can modify the sears so they don't engage the ejectors and they merely follow the track in the receiver. There's a post on here somewhere stating that this was a Rich Cole suggestion, you can probably find it with a little searching.
Totally true, but that is a permenant solution whereas the spring option costs little and is reversible in a matter of a minute or so.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Go with the springs so you have the option of returning to eject in the future if you so desire. I actually prefer them to eject and simply put my hand over them when ejecting and catch them. They basically are placed in my hand by the ejectors. Good shooting, Rey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts