Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of load data is including Fiocchi 617 primers but nothing for 616. I'm wanting to load Wichester Super Handicap and hoping for around 1250 f.p.s. with 1 1/8 ounce and WAA12 wad in AA cases. I have foud that Cheddite primer data sometimes comes close to 616s but I want to be accurate with a handicap load since dealing with what could be pretty high pressure.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I saw on another forum somewhere that the 617 was marketed in Europe but not North America. I have loaded many many thousands of AA hulls with Fiocchi 616 primers and they work great. My load is 20.5 grains of Green Dot and it seems to have the velocity but does not kick as hard as the factory load.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw on another forum somewhere that the 617 was marketed in Europe but not North America. I have loaded many many thousands of AA hulls with Fiocchi 616 primers and they work great. My load is 20.5 grains of Green Dot and it seems to have the velocity but does not kick as hard as the factory load.
I've loaded at least 20,000 616s in Winchester.
A lot of load data is including Fiocchi 617 primers but nothing for 616. I'm wanting to load Wichester Super Handicap and hoping for around 1250 f.p.s. with 1 1/8 ounce and WAA12 wad in AA cases. I have foud that Cheddite primer data sometimes comes close to 616s but I want to be accurate with a handicap load since dealing with what could be pretty high pressure.
I've loaded 616s in all kinds of cases but have found data with most powders. Your Green Dot load is a good one. I'm going to experiment with 20 grains of Super Handicap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts