Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what A and up shooters use as their rib setting. 50/50 - 100-0 or in between?

The top shooter I know shoots 50/50 while other A and above guys I know really float them at 90 or 100%

I'm a B shooter and moved up from D while changing from 50/50 to 75/25. Don't know if it's due to shooting more or the settings.

Since I shoot clays, I need to know "what day it is" (a statement my guru uses) going between trap on Wed and clays on Fri. On Wed I float them well above and on Fri I shoot spot on.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I moved up this year to AA going from 50/50 to 70/30. Some shooters can post great scores covering the target with a flat shooting gun, not me.

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
I shoot 100% on trap and 80/20 on sporting. I don't "float" a target. When I do notice my bead, it's directly below the target. You have to determine what works for you. When you shoot a good score, put your gun on the pattern board and document your POI. Pay no attention to what someone else shoots.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Shoot what works best for you. Since I shoot pretty quickly I prefer somewhere around 110% high. If I were to look down the rib it would appear that there is at least 6" of rib visible between the beads.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I shoot 90% high on all my trapguns and 70% on my Sporting clays..what works for you must be dtermined by you and you alone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.