Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1, Har-De-Har. Just because you have a lot of shotguns (and 410 is a lot!) doesn't make you an expert.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I loaded some up, just for giggles. I regularly load 3/4 oz loads with the CB 3/4 wad. I just put in 1/2 oz of shot instead, and threw a couple Cheerios on top, before the crimp. The recoil was so light that it wouldn't reset my triggers on an inertia O/U. I shot them through an O/U with mechanical triggers, and I was able to hit skeet targets, but the barrel was pretty dirty when I was done. I didn't see any need to continue the experiment.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I loaded some up, just for giggles. I regularly load 3/4 oz loads with the CB 3/4 wad. I just put in 1/2 oz of shot instead, and threw a couple Cheerios on top, before the crimp. The recoil was so light that it wouldn't reset my triggers on an inertia O/U. I shot them through an O/U with mechanical triggers, and I was able to hit skeet targets, but the barrel was pretty dirty when I was done. I didn't see any need to continue the experiment.
Do you think Milk would clean up the barrels ? lol

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow.....sure hope you got your RAD System set up for those loads !

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hmmmm...ever hear about delayed ignition ? then detonation...seen it in pistols on cowboy action loads....it does happen...might as well put some acetylene in your barrel and light a match...The powder companies spend years and thousands of man hours testing loads for us that reload...that is why we have established load data..have you ever seen any published data on a 5/8 oz load ? think not say I . I bet you cull all your bad shells and mix powder too ! If you think you are some sort of micro chemist with a chrono...please do not step on the line with me ...or even shoot in the same state....

If you are that cheap and recoil shy....I would take up Bread Making

1 - 15 of 15 Posts