Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago this started happening!!! (Volusia)
It happened at a Silver Dollar shoot last week..
and again last night at Flagler!
It has happened on different stations.. (4,1, &2)
How can you miss ALL targets at one station!!!
Once with MX-8, Twice with Caesar Guerini...
Mike

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,735 Posts
You've got to get it out of your head. I think that will be harder than trying to figure out why your striking out.

One at a time.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The evil thoughts are now firmly planted in your mind.
" Is this the post I miss all 5?"
"Post 3, is this when I miss them all"
Until you stop thinking about it happening, it will continue.
Try thinking something positive when you start and say it over and over.
Good luck!

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,509 Posts
Very simple,..... you suffer from a rare and irrational mental condition called, "viginti-quinque-phobia"; it's the fear of the number 25

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am pretty sure I had forgot about the misses in between each shoots! But now, I am thinking about it!!
And you may be right! The norm use to be 2 to 3 25's out of 4 (100 targets) now...maybe 1!!!
thanx
mike

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I wonder if the following exercise will “flush” the 5,5,5,0,5 sequence in your mind: find a time alone at the trap, then make two shoots at each station until you finish a box. Do it a couple of times.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Are the 0's on posts where you started? When scoring I've seen guys miss the first target & get a brain freeze, only to get it together on the next post. Remember that the last target is not to be thought about, nor the next one... only the one you're about to call. Nothing else matters, not the dog, or the lawn, or lunch... just this target... (good luck with that)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the 0's on posts where you started? When scoring I've seen guys miss the first target & get a brain freeze, only to get it together on the next post. Remember that the last target is not to be thought about, nor the next one... only the one you're about to call. Nothing else matters, not the dog, or the lawn, or lunch... just this target... (good luck with that)
No...after usually a few straights then...out of the blue!
mike

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would like to suggest to use shotKam (however, cost $$$) to find out what exactly happened...
That issue happened to me also.
He needs a shotkam for between the ears. Looking at the missed targets doesn't explain WHY they were missed.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
The only thing I ever got out of a Shotkam was I wasn't moving the gun before calling for the target.

Other than that I agree with bsd.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Three weeks ago this started happening!!! (Volusia)
It happened at a Silver Dollar shoot last week..
and again last night at Flagler!
It has happened on different stations.. (4,1, &2)
How can you miss ALL targets at one station!!!
Once with MX-8, Twice with Caesar Guerini...
Mike
How much are you shooting? Too often? Too little?
If it's the former, take a break. Don't shoot for a week.
Don't think about score, just have fun, shoot with strangers, and think about one at a time, one at a time, one at a time...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much are you shooting? Too often? Too little?
If it's the former, take a break. Don't shoot for a week.
Don't think about score, just have fun, shoot with strangers, and think about one at a time, one at a time, one at a time...
May be.... (too much)
mike

1 - 20 of 82 Posts