Trapshooters Forum banner

4H kids

1554 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  doubleburden
Been working with 4H kids for about 12 yrs now. Fun stuff. Working on basics takes up most of my time with them. For fun, after our practice rounds, we sometimes do a few Annie Oakleys’.
Any ideas for other games to keep the kids interested. ?
Reactions: sdive2 and cbp210
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Been working with 4H kids for about 12 yrs now. Fun stuff. Working on basics takes up most of my time with them. For fun, after our practice rounds, we sometimes do a few Annie Oakleys’.
In our area we have turkey shoots which is shooting at a silhouette and seeing who has the tightest patterns.

· Registered
7 Posts
Been working with 4H kids for about 12 yrs now. Fun stuff. Working on basics takes up most of my time with them. For fun, after our practice rounds, we sometimes do a few Annie Oakleys’
Safety first, teaching, then couching.they are our future trap and shotgun sports shooters. We work with 4h, boy scouts and of new shooters of any age but the younger boys and girls and listen then later in life safety comes firrst and it is rewarding to watch their pogress. I’m worried about the cost and I think new shooters need way better prices than the they are now. New shooters need better pricing. I’m a range master for a large county in Az. ( Politics) all wan to raise prices . It’s our taxes that pay for the facility so they definitely car aford it .it sure could ruin ATA in the future and the sport shooting in general. I’ve been there for 9 years and watched them bulld a 85,000 12 by 12 prefabricated bldg. as of 1 month ago to seii hats etc. The also have 100, 000.00 to light one field for one or two nights a week. What monies do they think this investment will bring in comparison to help new younger shooters and older also? Big mistake.

· Registered
383 Posts
We have an end of the year shoot for our 4-H families and have parents compete with their kids. The kids enjoy the chance to show the parents they can outshoot them. We do a child/parent buddy (protection) shoot and the kids really like it when they hit a target that a parent misses.

· Registered
7 Posts
I sure hope it it a typo in the 100,000.00 amount to light one field, IF that is accurate I sour would like to be signing that contract!
DaveB
No typo. markers for electric lines being put in now. Construction starts in about 2 month. Monies already in place from a grant and matched by Pima County Az. Will light one skeet and 1 trap field. I have voiced my opinion many times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.