<br>
U.S. Department of Justice<br>
<br>
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,<br>
Firearms and Explosives<br>
<br>
Assistant Director<br>
<br>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Washington, DC 20226<br>
<br>
January 6, 2009<br>
<br>
Notice to All Federal Firearms Licensees<br>
Regarding ATF Form 4473 Shortage<br>
<br>
As a result of an unprecedented increase in demand for ATF Forms 4473 (5300.9) Part I Revised August 2008, inventory of the form at the ATF Distribution Center is running low.<br>
<br>
As a temporary measure, ATF is allowing FFLs to photocopy the form 4473 in it’s entirety until they receive their orders from the ATF Distribution Center.<br>
<br>
A notice will be posted at the expiration of this temporary authorized change.<br>
<br>

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
well, hussein is keeping ONE industry recession proof,,,,for a while :(

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Makes you wonder how many of these people going out & buying guns voted for
the Messiah. You can bet a goodly amount are the very ones that put him in office. Colonel

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
22hornet, me too.

That's an oxymoron in my books.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
No shortage around here of 4473s. Checked with three dealer friends and they said no one should have a shortage if they order a little ahead of need. More problematic right now is getting guns from jobbers to meet the demand.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just in case you guys aren't kidding around.......BATF is attached to the Treasury Dept., not the Department of Justice.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here in Michigan we have gone to four part paperwork. We no longer have to go back to the police and have then "safety inspect" out new handguns. We have to send in 2 copies of the form and they have to send one off to the state police within 10 days of sale.

Jerbear

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It is ALL my fault. I would like to apologize to all my trapshooting friends reading this. I just couldn't help myself. It seemed like such a bargain at the time. My FFL is NOT complaining. Omaha

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well if they didnt change them every 6 months . I have trashed over a 1000 in last 3 years. AND redhawk YOU ARE WRONG read the top of the form!! U.S.Department of Justice

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ricks1, I looked it up and the BATF was moved from the Treasury dept to Justice back in '03.

The tax collecting part of it stayed with the treasury dept.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.