Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a O/U (1) 425 browning 30" (2) 525 browning 30" I have found one of each both about the same condition. The 525 chambers 3" is the only difference in the two guns. Gun (1) $1200.00 gun (2) $1350.00 I shoot some trap no competition. Every now and then sporting clays and I dove hunt. I have no ideal in the difference between these two guns except $150.00 and one chambers 3" shells which would come in handy during turkey season. WHAT'S YOUR OPNION DON'T HOLD BACK!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read in a thread somewhere that the back of the 525 reciever is made different so type 3 stocks will not fit. So it limits what you can put on it as far as stock options. Anybody know anything about this?

·
Registered
661 Posts
One significant difference is that the pistol grip on the 525 has a close radius curve which positions the hand in a more upright position, similar to a Perazzi trap stock. The 425 grip is more swept back. The best fit is up to personal preference. For the prices that you have listed, the 525 is the better deal. Also keep in mind that there were different grades of the 525 which effect the value. I think that the field grades had shorter barrels, possibly 26-28". I believe that the 30" barrels were the sporting variants. Bob

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just bought a 425 32 in adj. comb and browning hard case. $1600. I have had quite of few guys ask if I want to sell it and have a standing offer for it. I have a 525 and I like it very much but the tight radius grip isn't much fun to carry in the field. Also my 525 has a lot of open grain which grabs my beard when I forget to shave (ouch). I would rather carry the 425 in the field.
Although I really like the 525 to. Guess I will keep them both.

You wont go wrong with either just pick the one that feels the best. You might need to buy them both so you can make up your mind.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
It's a Browning. Clean it, lube it, pass it down to your kids and grand-kids. You don't need that "Yearly Inspection". JMO

Wayne

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Have the 525 sporting 16 gauge w/ 30" barrels. For me, it out performs my high end guns when I shoot sporting. Great feel and balance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts