Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What powder do you guys recommend for loading 410 hulls and what is your recipe.

Thanks & Good Shooting,

Johnny

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm currently using Alliant 410, but their 300-MP looks really good. I've loaded a pound of it in HS cases and everything fit and crimped nicely. It broke birds with authority. Loads are from the Alliant website above.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
WC820 is VERY close, if not the same as Accurate #9, and Accurate 4100.

300MP is going to be the new Gold Standard for the Little Fellow.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The only recipe for 300MP I have found is with new HS hulls. I still have several thousand old AA hulls and had been using 296 but couldn't find any so bought 300MP before checking. Anyone use it on the old AA hulls? I guess I could give Alliant a call to be on the safe side. Jackie B.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Win AA's with 16.3 gr of H110, Claybuster wad, and 1/2 oz #9 shot.

In fact I need to be loading some as we speak. I've had 10 lbs of H110 powder for a long time that I bought for my .44mag loads. Since I will never use it up shooting .44's I had to buy a .410 shotgun.

Very happy with my purchase and thanks to Shooting Coach for hooking me up.

Pretty bad when you have to buy a $2000 shotgun to use up $100 worth of powder.

Randy

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Randy: We know you really wanted to use up that last little space in your your safe with a new gun!!! LOL. As long a she buys the story your golden!!! Break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Glad you like the gun, it is a dream on the subgauge course. I took my tubed 687 28 ga Sporter (410 tubes) to the big course today.

Had shells loaded with 300MP to 1250, and SK chokes. I broke 35 yd targets. Not smoked, but broke. The Wienie gun smoked closer birds. Am going to order 2 LM chokes for the tubes this week.

Randy, it is a shame I had to buy a 28 Sporter, then have it tubed and cased to replace the one you have. LOL

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah didn't you have a 28 ga. just like mine that sold the same day in like 1 minute?

I think you just wanted to change your guns around.

I've been using mine for Skeet and am not breaking any records, but I just need to shoot more.

I made all the shots on the course at one time or another including the final double. I just can't seem to put them together in the same round.

I guess that's pretty much the way shot gunning goes?

Randy

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Actually, the 30" 687 Beretta came up in an estate sale, got it for a song. Taken to Sporting course one time, got for 40% wholesale. Had to get 410 tubes for it, your 32" Browning shoots better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts