Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I need some help. Most of you know over the years I try to help people here with gunsmithing if I can, as a real smith is nonexistent. I'm trying to fix an old marines winchester 9422m that won't feed properly. Figured out it is down to a few parts, and I ordered them. It is either the cartridge cut off, the carrier or the carrier spring. The bolt, ejector, extractors are fine. Well, I got the parts, but for the life of me I'm stuck, the cartridge cut off only goes in one way so no problem there, I have a pic of the carrier so looks like Im good there, but the damn fricken spring has got me. Damn arthritis is acting up and not helping, I tried fighting with that SOB FOR 5 hours three days in a row every which way and no luck but bad. Can any of you send a picture, video or a how to so I can put the damn thing back together. No gunsmith worth spit here ,and all the would be duds only know ar 15s, and have years waiting time and not worth their weight in spam!. This old soldier, John is his name, is a genuine fricken bigger than life HERO folks, a MARINE!, one who was there at the Chosin Reservoir, one of the "Tootsie Roll Marines" now known better as the "Chosin Few" gentlemen, his stories would make your hair stand up and catch fire! He is someone I think the world of, respect, and love greatly, and he loves that old gun. I offered to give him a marlin 57m, a remington speedmaster, and a nylon 66 and a garand from my collection, but he refused, he only wants his old girl back to shoot. Please, if any of you can help me out, I would be most grateful, and you would be putting a smile on an old soldiers face and doing your heart a world of good, as this is MAN who is worth helping ,and he is really getting along in years (90) and I can't simply send it away for a year or two as time is not on his side.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Mahalo Nui Loa Ka Kou
Randall
PS I'm putting a link to site that tell why they were called the "Tootsie Roll Marines!
Chosin Few gather at MMA 65 years later

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like 4 times was the charm! Thanks for all the help, unfortunately the disassembly videos all stop before the taking down of the lower receiver as it is not recommended (based on the level of difficulty I can understand why). Maybe I'll make one for those with the same problems.
Aloha One

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Yo
Looks like 4 times was the charm! Thanks for all the help, unfortunately the disassembly videos all stop before the taking down of the lower receiver as it is not recommended (based on the level of difficulty I can understand why). Maybe I'll make one for those with the same problems.
Aloha One
You got it fixed and all is well?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes Jeff. thank you all once again. I was able to return the winchester and put a smile on an old Marines face. His tearful smile and warm hug was a priceless gift that choked me up, and I wish to send out the Aloha given, to share its warm feelings with all of you my T.S. brothers and sisters.
I have learned that giving, means always getting, and pray that you also receive the great joy of this precious gift.
Mahalo Nui Loa
Aloha One
Randall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts