Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This revolver is NIB Texas Ranger Commerative with a presntation grade box a bowie knife & sheath. The revolver commerated the Texas Rangers from 1823 to 1973 engaved in the gun in gold. I'm selling this for the widow of a long time trap shooter. Need to know a value, also accepting offers. Thanks

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Bruce, my best advice is to log onto the S&W Forum and inquire. That forum has a lot of strict rules against "fishing for buyers" by asking what a gun is worth but lately, I've seen several such posts. Your post might even result in an offer via email or P.M.

Most of the gun value guides like Blue Book seem extremely conservative these days when no new S&Ws are available without internal locks and other undesirable features. On top of that, Smith & Wesson collectors seem to be extremely appreciative of guns like yours that were "made back when they built 'em right."

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
If the gun is absolutely new and unfired, $650 would likely be an expected price, based on the recent experience of a close friend who sold a NIB Texas Ranger Commemorative (no knife) in presentation case for ~$575. Regards, Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.