Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a Perazzi 34 inch top single in excellent condition. Bluing is perfect. 10mm Ramp rib fixed choke FULL. Stamped 1.630KG with the 18.7 Bore. Reduced $1499. Bruno 209-830-0199

<center>
<a href="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/loanman_photo/media/34%20in%20top%20single/DSC00180_zps10d167d1.jpg.html" target="_blank">
</a>
<a href="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/loanman_photo/media/34%20in%20top%20single/DSC00181_zps15657825.jpg.html" target="_blank">
</a>
<a href="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/loanman_photo/media/34%20in%20top%20single/DSC00182_zps77db2724.jpg.html" target="_blank">
</a>
<a href="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/loanman_photo/media/34%20in%20top%20single/DSC00184_zpsaf1a7f21.jpg.html" target="_blank">
</a>
</center>

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
sold.

I was going to write Bruno a note about why I wanted this bbl, but I thought some of the Perazzi guys would appreciate why I decided to buy his bbl. First off, I have been shooting my MX2000 reasonably well. so this bbl becomes another option for practice at the club come this spring. I have several receivers to put this bbl on, but mostly want to add this to this MX3 Special receiver you see below.

The receiver is virtually new and that brings us to a main point when you are buying a bbl off the net. If you look at the lugs that the locking block sets on, you see pretty near a 90 degree angle. Actually these are just 6 degrees off of 90 or about 96 degrees. The locking block is a tad less than a perfect match by about a degree to allow it to snug up onto the lugs (angle). This told me that the bbl had never been fitted to any other gun except when it was new. Usually when a first refitting of a bbl to the block occurs, the smith will consider filing of the lugs to match the block. Especially true when a new block is installed and needs fitting to multiple bbls. All this stuff is not a problem if you are going to keep the gun, but when you part it out, often some smithing will be required.

Teh second thing I looked at was that the bbl looked virgin. And Bruno confirmed that. Most bbls coming out of Perazzi for trap are 18.7 bores and full chokes of .032. He said "Full" and if it came out higher than that, I would have liked it as much. Phil Kiner et al, pretty much say .032 is the bottom of full for 27 yard handicap and good visual breaks to train your mind at singles and handicap.

We all know what porting does to value...

And of course I looked at the bbl weight of 1.63kg. I have been shooting 1.60 adn the extra ounce will not matter much... Perhaps the bbl will be a hair slower, but I have a hair slower release that should match up perfectly.

Adn for those that do not know, I collect good stuff (for myself) when it comes available. If my MX3 Special with my custom Bobby Emrick stock does not fit exactly right I have this stock that will and it has a matching forend. the bottom stock that is nicely figured.

Recalling back to my original point of a new-ish receiver that will match the lugs on the bbl, If it does not, I start over with several others I have. One will match near perfect.

When assembled I'll have a gun that shoots where I look and shoots with comfort.
Perazzi 18.7 bore is my personal preference in bbls. have not tried a 18.8 and I can tell you that the bottom bbl of my MX3 Special O/U is an 18.5 original. It too shoots soft, but of course those are rare.

speaking of where I look, this "selfie" is one of my newly re-furbed left eye with a new lens I had done last Monday.

I have my right eye scheduled for this coming Monday. I have had cataracts for 15 years, but only over the last couple of years have they progressed significantly to the point of needing removal and lens implant. If any of you guys ever what to talk about that, you know how to get a hold of me.

Jack

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I am working in a coffee shop in Nisswa MN on the way to Gun Dr. to get my new 90T high ribs, reading this post, looking at that Perazzi barrel thinking it is something I could shoot.

Then I scroll farther and see Jack eyeballing me! You've got to give a guy more warning this early in the day.

Glad to hear you are healing.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts