Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I used a lot of Clays in the past when I used that with plated bullets. Also have used Trail Boss, you can make a lite load with that and still have a fair amount of powder volume in the case. Keep in mind if using Bullseye which has been a great powder for years in the 38, it is easy to get up to a triple charge as the case would hold it.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
My .38 special loads all are put in .357 cases. They all seem to work about the same, Right now I am shooting a bunch of 148 grain HB plated bullets because that was my last purchase and I had not tried them. Before that it was a run of 125 plated. Trail boss, Universal, or Tite Group. I have not tried Clays for pistol yet. I am sequestering 700 miles from my reloader and supplies right now so it will be a while.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Shot 100 of these yesterday-
2.4 gr. Promo 148 gr. DEWC
1" groups at 15yds. benched out of a Blackhawk with factory sights.
Hardly any noise. Very low recoil. Accurate. Only downside is they are a tad dirty!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to all that responded. Finished up all the 38s. Used bullseye because that is what I had. Going to start on 9mm next. Have a bunch of 120 gr. cast and various jacketed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
3.0 grn Bullseye with 148 HBWC from a Smith 686 Perf Cent Match Slab Side. 1000's of rounds in matches with this load shot just as good the shooter could.

Reactions: RickN
1 - 20 of 28 Posts