Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About every 10th round does not go down the ejection hole (port?) on my 366.

Fast or slow, there is no advance speed that is 100% perfect. When they do not go into the hole they flip off and wind up in the box anyway, but does anybody have one that just always works?

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Mine works just like yours. I have to go look all around the bench when I am done to make sure I have all the shells picked up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The lip on the base that ejects the shell gets worn and rounded. Take a good hard file and use the corner of it to square up that lip and that should solve your problem. You may need to adjust your shell plate also. Good luck. Craig

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Or sometimes that little guide wire on that station may need a slight adjustment. Just loosen the screw that holds the wire, adjust the position of the wire, and then tighten the screw back down. Sometimes you may need to try 2 or 3 different positions to get the wire located exactly where it works best.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Mine also did this for some time. I did all of the above,except the shell plate, and fixed the problem.

I fashioned a new wire from a gold fish hook,tweeked it some, and it works great,

and I have an endless supply from the tackle box.

Be patient with it.

Danny

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
As with most of the progressive reloaders there are alot of tweaking and adjusting to make everything work like a fine crafted clock. You have to really be in tune with what every part of the machine does and its purpose. I have a Pacific DL366 and its the same as the modern Hornady Machines. A little adjustment here a little bend there and boom its flowing shells again. Some real good adjustment advice above.---Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.