Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a Remington 3200 a straight forward gun to have choke tubes installed? Were any made that way from the factory? Are they mechanical or inerta triggers? Thanks

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
3200s were out of production before Remington offered choke tubes period. Triggers are mechanical as far as I know. Shouldn't have any problem with chokes, you'll probably have to have thinwalls put in (Briley would most likely be the go-to company for this), but there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I would forget about installing chokes in the 3200. The barrels are thin and not the best candidate, even for the Briley Thin Walls. Some barrels may have a little more meat, but you take the chance of ruining a good set of barrels.

They are mechanical triggers and quite fast.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I've two 3200's tubed by Briley - no problem. The biggest issue with 3200s (maybe field guns only?) is the lack of concentricity of the bores.

GS

·
Registered
810 Posts
The Remington 3200 has mechanical triggers, work great. They were produced far too early to have factory choke tubes. but Briley thinwall chokes can be installed easily. I had my 3200 set up with Briley thinwalls sometime back. They have worked without a problem, as long as you check regularly to see they are fully seated/tight before a firing session. The thinwalls do seem to be able to work loose a bit easier than some (some of my Berettas with factory chokes also do this) but checking and tightening before a round takes care of that. I would say go for it.

Jim R

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It is a "hit & miss" when installing choke tubes into 3200s. Many times the bores are not concentric....a careful examination has to be done.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.