Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technology
Shotgun Wood Knife Metal
Wood Shotgun Hardwood Wood stain
Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Wood Shotgun Machete Wood stain

I recently purchased a post recall Remington 3200 Trap with original box and manual.

I bought it from the son of the original owner, he couldn’t remember his dad shooting it ever. Looks to have been shot very little. Very nice wood with a few small marks, no scratches. Metal is in excellent condition. 30” full/IM. Small crack in forearm that has been repaired. Ejector springs have been removed and are in a baggie.

Trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it. If I keep it, what insurance value should I tell my agent, if I sell it, what would be a fair price?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,400 Posts
Mine was a 1974. Paid $400? Never had a problem. Finally wore parts of it out. Sent it to Pat for repair. Works like new.
It is now stored in my safe as only people that like them have one. I
Steve

Good luck
What did you pay for it?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and cost of having it repaired in the future. If you really want to know it's current value, list it on GB with no minimum bid and no reserve. Invest the proceeds in your brokerage account. The best financial move you can make.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My thoughts.

Insurance value $2000
I have been seeing prices starting at $1600+
On the very high end. Doubt they sell for that.

If it is going to be actually used and more than a safe queen
More updates will be needed after much use.
Any knowledgeable buyer knows the wood cracks are common and should deduct from price for repair costs.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That gun has only one pin through the receiver and the receiver updates were incorporated at the time of manufacture. In my opinion, the one pin guns are more desirable than those updated after manufacture. The forend iron can be reinforced by Laib's at a reasonable cost and will help prevent cracks in the forend. I think updated two pin guns in that condition should be about $12oo and one pin guns like this one, $1500.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts