Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Well Jim, It looks to me like it was worth the wait!!! She came out very nice indeed. I hope you spend many years shooting this fine shotgun. Does this mean your going to turn your Kolar into a safe queen? LOL.

One of these days we'll have to meet up. I'd love to be see her in person? Till then, take care and stay safe. break em all jeff

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It IS Howard Simon engraving. I did not mention him by name because I was afraid it might get banned.
Howard is still in the hospital and as far as I know doing pretty well but has a long therapy period to deal with. Many of you have joined in prayer and well wishes for Howard and his family...PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO SO. Howard is a special person.

·
Registered
62 Posts
FINALLY my 3200 is complete and it only took two years! The gun had a 13 1/2" stock broken in two places. The forearm was just as bad. The rib would fall off when pointed down. The gun had not been used for about 10 years, was "gunked up" but not pitted. Along the way, it has become a keepsake for me. The fellow I got it from is a long time friend. It was engraved by a "well known" member here and the stock work was by another long time friend in Tennessee. The machine work on the rib was done by a dad of a 4-H shooter of mine who later served as the President of my college club. Parts were needed and Mr. Scott Hanes came to the rescue. Mr. Phillip from Texas completed the assembly work.
Good People to whom I am in debt.
I wanted the old gun returned to it's former glory--and more. It has a distinguished past having won the State Handicap Championship two times.

Pictures will follow--

View attachment 1698427 View attachment 1698429
Wow. That's beautiful.

·
Registered
537 Posts
beautiful gun. the 3200 was the first o/u i ever owned. mine wasnt as beautiful as yours though. great job mister jim

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Jim, you did a smoking hot job on that 3200. Well worth the wait. I know you will enjoy that for a long time to come. I have a 16ga M12 as my avatar that Howard did for me that I carry in the field. I've enjoyed carrying it for the last 53 years. He engraved a couple of my old hunting dogs that are always with me when I'm out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love my 3200 as well. It now lives at my 40 year old son's house. Before I bought my DT10 combo my competition rig was my 3200 and 90-T. I also agree about the wonderful trigger. I have the ejector springs stored in the gun safe so it extracts only. Shot many good doubles scores back in the day.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,128 Posts
What's this all about?!?

grip.JPG Ear.JPG

41 - 59 of 59 Posts