Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advantage with a 34" over a 32" from the 16 to the parking lot? I shoot a lot of Annie games but I also shoot competition shoots. Probably most that will read this has followed my other thread on the BT99 Plus barrel issue and I made this thread because I see Midwest Gun Works has a stainless 32" I can have them install. I'm not asking for a handout here. By the way will my injectors work on that stainless and whatever else it is missing? Trying to cut my cost. I could also put on an extension if I had to unless of course someone knows of a new 34" around.

·
Banned
681 Posts

Just wondering out loud here but weren`t they the ones that screwed up your gun in the first place ? And your going back there for round two ?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts

There're absolutely no ballistic advantages going from 32" to 34".

Some say longer sight plane is better. It's true in long range rifle shooting when the rear sight is couple inches from your eye. But I'm not sure 2" extra on a 32" shotgun rib will do any good when all you see is a figure 8 or just the front bead, except you are 2" closer to the target.

·
Registered
348 Posts

I have been beaten by both barrel lengths (in fact quite a few 30" as well (Model 12's)) numerous times from the 16 and the fence.

Art

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

I don't think there is an advantage. I, too, have heard the extended sight plane argument, but I don't buy in to it. I have found that I actually prefer a 30" barrel with extended tubes. Martinpicker

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

philk any suggestions on how to get what I want are all welcome. As far as I can tell they are the only ones who have a barrel for this gun. Or just not fix it at all. Or sell it.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts

I will add that you need to pick ONE barrel length and stay with it. I do just fine with my 32" barrel because that is what I started with but don't give me a 34" because I will not be able to hit a thing. The reason is the extra weight of the 2". In time I could shoot the 34" but I will have to practice the hell out of the gun and get use to it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

jmunsell.... Please forgive me if I sound blunt here, but, you only have a couple options left to you in this matter. If Midwest did the barrel, and supplied the barrel, and you have the invoice for it, it's their responsibility to take care of it, PERIOD! Now, if they refuse to take care of it, you can (a) Hire an attorney to pursue the matter for you. (cost more than the gun is worth), (b) bite the bullet and purchase another barrel at your expense, or (c) either sell your gun as is, with a disclaimer, of course, or part it out and move on (my choice). At this point, you probably will never be happy with the gun now anyway. You have spent way more time and energy on this gun than you should have (in my opinion). Bottom line is make a decision and just do it! There is nothing more we can tell you that is going to help.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Trap2: The barrel wasn't put on for me and the gun was sold to me without telling me the issue's so I don't think I have any way of making Midwest gun works fix it however I could certainly hire an attorney to pursue getting my money back from the guy who sold it to me but I really don't want to see anyone go to jail however much of a rip off I see the guy. I do have the invoice that the seller sent me recently of Midwest doing the work. I was just curios about 32" and 34" because all I could find was a 32" but now I see there is also a 34" all be it a stainless and not sure how that will look on a blued gun. I do grow tired of trying to get this fixed I agree. The seller should have the decency to just give my money back. Anyway your right I need to decide what to do now.

·
Banned
681 Posts

I agree, thats a hell of a problem to have . I think I would call up Moneymaker and talk to them abouit a custom barrel and adj. rib.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

Only one adjustable rib on MGW site. 34in stainless, no porting. Hopefully , they would allow you something in trade for your barrel since they put it on in the first place.

I would go with the 34 , easier to sell

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

It will stand out in the rack for sure! Everyone will want to see it.

Post a picture whatever you decide.

YOu can always have the receiver coated. Lots of choices there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts