Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now that I have your attention please help a great friend of mine.
Here is a description of a shot gun he just purchased. These words are marked on barrel - American Arms INC. Made in Italy (left side). Silver 2 32g 2-3/4'' , right side.
Is looks like an SKB action. It is as new, & is 32 gauge, 26'' barrels/no tubes. He also got 8 boxes of 32 gauge shells by Fiochhi - all for $700.00. I never heard of American Arms of Italy. It is a great little shotgun.
Any info you can pass on would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance....
Pete LaBella

·
Premium Member
12,891 Posts
From an older version of the Blue Book - NOT showing a 32 gauge version...

silver 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,827 Posts
Many years ago, in excess of 20, some importer started bringing in 32 (and 24) gauge shotguns. Never saw one, just read about them in some magazine. I can't imagine the reason for having one except as a curiosity. As I recall they got a good review but they seemed to me to be an answer looking for a question.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
I have only seen them in Europe and in a couple gun collections here in the U.S.. I saw a couple of 24Gauges (the Rod and Gun Club at Ramstein had one for sale) . The 32 Ga. is a rare bird and I don't think many survive here in the U.S. . Ammo is available from a couple of custom loading firms I am told but, it is PRICY! The 32 Gauge was manufactured by both Remington and Winchester in the early 1900s but, the 20 Ga. pretty much made it Obsolete and the 28 Ga. finished it off. Other than a collector piece, I doubt many would see a purpose for owning one.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
American Arms was the importer. They were located in North Kansas City Missouri. I remember seeing them at the gun shows 10 years ago. H&R used to make a 32 ga single shot that could be used as a tranquilizer dart gun using blanks (or something that resembled nail driver loads). They fit into a steel block that fit into the chamber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts