Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran a crossed 10 boxes of factory Remington ammo in 250 rounds per package.
Anyone know anything about this ammo or its value? From what I can tell it is older production because it has rolled crimp not tapered
Thanks

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Give the guy a break. He is just trying to get 50 posts so he can sell something. Is 310 larger or smaller than 410? 10 boxes of 250 rounds is a lot of ammo. Depending on how it was stored, it will probably still go off. What does the packaging look like?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Give the guy a break. He is just trying to get 50 posts so he can sell something. Is 310 larger or smaller than 410? 10 boxes of 250 rounds is a lot of ammo. Depending on how it was stored, it will probably still go off. What does the packaging look like?
He must not need to sell something too urgently his first post was back in May. Maybe he's like me, all thumbs when it come to typing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with all your wisdom on my post count you really have no answers to any of my questions, and I am the one padding my post count interesting

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks like "ammo-one" had some for sale back in 2011. 8mm rimfire. I'm not sure exactly what this ammo is. Not sure about the posting to reach 50 comment?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Who said trapshooters don't have a sense of humor! Looks like there is 310 rimfire ammo, and it sells for over $3 a cartridge. 2500 x $3 is a good find.
310REM

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Remington made the 310 around 1963 to 1966. The guns used were basically the Remington 572. The gun would not hold up to the heavier shell. They were intended for some kind of a tracer game what ever that was. "Auto-Trap'" was stamped on the left side of the receiver from what I was told. I still see this ammo for sale from time to time for 40.00 on up per box. DSCN0060.JPG IM_A0016.JPG IM_A0024.JPG IM_A0011.JPG

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Whiz-Bang, curious after your post and thinking my memory was faulty, I went a-googling and found this .310 Remington shotgun (pictured below). I'd seen one years ago and the guy had a partial box of the little shells for it. Pretty sure that was the gun the shells were manufactured for, as stated on the box of shells. And I've seen a few single examples of the ammo at 2-10 bucks depending on how proud of their merchandise the sellers were :)

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Last time I saw it the guy had $50 a box on it. He did sell it but don't know for how much thought. Couple of years ago at a gun show. I think he had 4 boxes of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for all the information I could not find much on the internet figured you fellows would know
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I remember seeing them when I was in high school at a gun shop and they said they shot Ritz crackers with them with a special launcher just for
the crackers.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Never ever and I do mean never ever, have even heard of a 310 until this thread.
This forum is educational and entertaining.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Denny I have seen the gun you posted or similar to it. The one I have seen was made in some other country can't remember but not by Remington. This info may clear things up. 310 skeet 002.JPG 310 skeet 003.JPG 310 skeet 001.JPG

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
We saw a couple of the .310 skeet pumps when a Remington rep. came to town. They shot some crackers but wouldn't let us peons do any shooting. Just a gimmick but surely a collector's item. Both the guns AND ammo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I remember back in mid 60s at bigger skeet shoots they would have a booth set up to shoot small targets with 22 shot shells. They called it. Moskeet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I knew about single shot, had no idea about the pump guns. From what I can tell Remington never made the ammo it was made in Brazil

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I was in Scout Camp as a kid in the early 70's there was the usual rifle range where you could shoot .22 rifles under supervision of an adult and I think it cost .05 cents for 5 rounds. There was also a small claybird thrower mounted on a table and it threw a claybird about half the size of a regular bird. I remember the birds had MO-SKEET on them and they were in a Remington box. It cost .15 cents and you used a smooth bore Remington 510 with .22 bird shot. I tried it a couple of times but never hit broke a bird. Seeing this post leads me to believe the birds were intended for the .310 and not the .22 shot loads.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts