Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a shot in the dark but I need your help guys...
Allright, the other day using rem nitro-27's (all I had handy) from the 16yd line my breaks were nothing but black smoke direct center hits... today using estate 2 3/4 dram I could barely break targets.
Is it possible I have a ton of creep or slop in my Beretta 302 trigger?
I normally shoot 3dram winchesters from wally world and smoke most of my targets. But with those estates I was ready to call it a day after the first 25.

Tom

·
Vendor
7,247 Posts
sounds like the feet per second are probably differant-- if its slower , the entire shot string doesnt good thru the rock and grind it--- estate 23/4 dram 1 oz 8's is all we shoot at the 16yd--and we "smokeem"---

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure the wally world stuff I normally use is 1200fps, I have no trouble with that ammo. The estates are 1145... I have used estates in the past and not had trouble with them that's why I asked about the trigger. just seemed odd.

Thanks

Tom

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
It is the speed of the shell and your reaction time shooting the target, from what you said in your post I would load a shell with 1235 fps either 1 ounce or 1 1/8th oz.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Some of the Wally world field loads are 1350 work very well but over kill for 16 trap 1100-1150 works great try sticking to one brand of shell make it simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.