Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted a 3" Model 12 Duck gun to a trap gun? The results? I am thinking a bit heavier gun would reduce recoil,but I am not sure if the dynamics would work. Your thoughts?
Jim

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts

That used to be a common conversion and I have owned one I think and shot several others

Works out nice but you might want to just find one that has already been converted

Gene

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

I have one for sale. 30" barrel, Simmons rib. Nice wood. $750 plus shipping/insurance.

email or PM me.

Regards and good shooting,

Dave

·
Banned
5,706 Posts

I built one had Simmons put the Winchester Spade Blade on the reciever, and add matching Vent Rib, Got 2 seta of Trap Wood from Wenig at Missouri Handicap, one set for me and a set for Money Maker.

Plus I bought one w/Simmons wood at the shoot for $400.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Banned
3,402 Posts

I have one with? Graff wood 3 inch I use it for games a load of 6;s at 60 yards will get it done when I get it right which is not often enough.

·
Registered
824 Posts

Did it to a 32" Duck. Makes a great Game gun. Had Roger Ubanks put round post on it. Got some Trap wood for it, now just alot of fun .

·
Banned
5,706 Posts

Just Imagine a 3 inch Model 12 w/ Soft Touch, and Winchester Spade Ramp and Simmond rib that matched a factory Model 12, now that would be a Games gun Perfecto

Gary

·
Banned
8,351 Posts

I have a Model 12 Trap gun with a Laminated stock on it that weighs in at a tad over 10#'s, soft shooter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.