Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone shoot 3/4 oz loads in tournament trap.. I use them in singles for practice but wondering if I should go heavier in tournament sinc e I am new to tournament shooting.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Yes, it's called Bunker. But regular Trap, I think not too much. You can do it but remember that the guy next to you is shooting 1/2 oz. more shot at the target than you are.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
yak,

Bunker uses 24 gram (approximately 7/8 oz.) loads.
I stand corrected. Sitting here looking at 3 flats of those and should have caught my error. Close though.

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
In the past, I have loaded fast 3/4 ouncers in the 12 for Sporting. Went down a choke, and they did okay.

We recently got a FITASC course set, brainchild of our Club President, Frank Bloom (Thank You), and I have started loading for it. One ounce at a little over 1300 fps. Fed GM Paper load is 1 ounce at 1330. BOILS anything at any distance!

The 3/4 oz loads did not do well on outgoing targets. I imagine one would have the same issues with this load on the trap field.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Shoot what you want when playing around. I like a 20 ga. and sometimes a 410.. When it comes to money take advantage of everything you can....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts