Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I've been running a CB0175-12, and it's great, but just curious as to what the rest of you use for 3/4 12 gauge. -Aaron Schneider

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Aaron, I just started messing with the same wad. I tried the claydot load for 1300fps included on the package and wasn't real impressed when shooting them for singles. They worked the best for the first shot of doubles for me. I loaded 50 with the extra lite load at the same speed and wow, that was a lively shell for such a small payload. It was turning targets inside out and was very fast. What are you loading with them and what do you use them for?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Using same wads 7/8oz. shot in remington hulls with 14.5grains of promo. Soft shooting, breakes targets, and has fixed my son's flintch! Great load, I just might convert as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Claybuster has a new wad for 3/4 oz 12 Gauge shells. It is CB0175-12 made especially for 3/4 oz loads. The new wad is PINK in color.

I have used the grey CB0178 for 3/4 oz in the past, but I like the new CB0175 better. I had ask the Down Range people to make an 3/4 oz 12 Gauge wad many years ago, when I was shooting alot of marathons. Their answer to me was "If you want to shoot 3/4 oz reloads - shoot a 20 Gauge gun". Looks like Claybusters saw the need to make the 3/4 oz pink wad. Thank You Claybusters.

Tom E.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice load for 3/4oz. right from the Hodgon website:

STS,Nitro or Gun Club case

Win.209 primer

17.0 Clays

CB 12S0 Wad

3/4 oz. 8's or 8.5's

7000 P.S.I. 1200+ F.P.S.

Wayne

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've never understood the need to use a straight walled wad in a tapered hull. Especially when there are so many other great wads out there to use.

As to Downrange, their pink XXL wad is great for reduced payloads

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have used the Fed. 12so in the past but it is kind of a pain to use in a tapered hull.
Looking foreward to useing the new pink wad......thanks for the info!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.