Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a shoot yesterday, intended to shoot caps yesterday-arrived 8am- shoot start time was rescheduled to 10 am

there were only 20 squads shooting on 8 fields/2 banks

I bailed out @ 12:30 & they were still shooting singles--too band they don't shoot 50/targets field & go to 4 banks

Didn't want to take an 85 mi drive during commuter rush hour

This was the last time I'll be @ this club--its a shame

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its in FL--$$$ are in its name--went to the spring shoot & they changed the times--should have known better

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
637 Posts
Left nothing their I need to go back for.
Sadly the whole state has the same attitude stick it to ya and wait for the next sucker.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The US mint doesn't stamp out silver dollars anymore. That should tell you something. I've never been to that gun club, but I'm never gonna, you can bet on that. But, then again, I wasn't planning on going anyway. But I like to bitch just the same, especially when I drink whiskey in the morning.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,779 Posts
Well Lit, I have been there and my main complaint is that people were way too nice to me. Nothing draws my suspicions more than people who act like they're glad to see you there. I mean, come on. Also, no cotton candy machine. That's Bull$hit.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
NO COTTON CANDY MACHINE?? That's it. That club is dead to me. I hope the Clinton Foundation buys it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
they ran 8 squads per hour using 2 banks of 4 traps, I was on the second flight out on caps was on the field by shortly after 1:00. They had to wait a bit because of some slow squads on the west bank.

Pat

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Phil: Why don't you just stay and shoot the events and don't let time be a issue with you. Simply finish up and make a couple of friends out there while your at it. Then after the shoot is over you can head over to the sponge docks and have a fresh seafood dinner and a couple of drinks. Then you can drive home after rush hour is over and the traffic is light!!!

Now if you have problems with driving at night, get a room. Simple fix and you can enjoy day instead of getting all ticked off at the staff that runs the event WHO DON'T EVEN GET PAID for there trouble. Have fun and make a weekend out of it. Bring your lady along and let her do some shopping.

Or you can whine on hear!!! Don't forget the cheese!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
This single phenomenon has eventually driven away probably 80% of the new shooters that I have brought to the game over a 40 year period.
Most people want to participate, not wait.
Gun clubs should watch a few high school track meets to see how to move events forward in a timely manner.
It is always amazing to me that we so often cause our own problems in this game, but wonder at declining participant numbers. We can fix these things easily like starting late, too much time between events, no or poor food at shoots, etc. Let's do it.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanx -Jeff, but I like to shoot & get it done- I'm used to shooting at a club/business that runs their shoots at a great pace

The less time I spend at the club it keeps the home fires warmer--my wife is not a shopper & we've been & out of Fl since 95

I'll give one more shot @ the Dixie--

Jeff the staff @ the $$ are paid--its not a club-its run by a REIT out of Chicago

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
18,760 Posts
This single phenomenon has eventually driven away probably 80% of the new shooters that I have brought to the game over a 40 year period.
Most people want to participate, not wait.
Gun clubs should watch a few high school track meets to see how to move events forward in a timely manner.
It is always amazing to me that we so often cause our own problems in this game, but wonder at declining participant numbers. We can fix these things easily like starting late, too much time between events, no or poor food at shoots, etc. Let's do it.
The concept of "instant gratification", which is what this whole thread is about, is why the USA is in such sorry shape. Nobody wants to wait their turn. Everybody thinks that their wants are more important than anyone else's.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts