Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im kinda 2nd guessing myself lately...
i REALLY want a BT-100 after shooting several owned by some friends, and i have shot some BT-99's as well
the issue is, i have been passing up what i feel are really good deals on some 99's while im saving for a 100.. one of them was a high rib 99 that looked barley used at all.......
other than the rib and removable trigger group, would i notice the difference???

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
You shot both, could you tell the difference? Buy the one that is user friendly
and breaks a lot of targets. HMB

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i liked the higher rib of the 100. the older 99's have a better feel.. a little more weight maybe

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've had both and still have BT99's. I wish I would have never sold my BT100. The BT100's are a much nicer gun for the money than a BT99 in my opinion. The BT100 always felt better than the 99's and I shot it really well. So I bet you are wondering why I sold it. Well there was this gun I just could not live without and the BT100 would bring the extra money needed to get it. Lesson learned.

In the end, it is whatever works for you. I still believe the BT100 is more gun for the money with the drop out trigger, higher rib, adjustable trigger, selector for eject/extract(on most models) and overall feel.

·
Premium Member
10,548 Posts
Wait for the 100. I can almost hear the angst in your post. An underrated trapgun and you'll not lose a dime on it if you take real good care of it.

The 99 is good too but you'll probably not be satisfied until you have the 100. Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my biggest heart burn is watching good deals go by me while im holding cash!!!!!!!!!!!
i shot one of the 99's i passed on and smoked 10 right off the bat at the 27yd line......... i was almost sick LOL

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Keep in keep mind they are still pumping BT99's out as we speak. You can always go back and get one of them should you choose. The BT100's are gonna dry up someday.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Check your PM.

Reactions: ksybe

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had a BT100 with an adjustable moneymaker rib "cheery" which I sold for $1900 now I am kicking myself for letting it go! I still have a SS Bt100 with a moneymaker rib and soft touch recoil system in the safe which is my back up. Except with a Caesar Guerini one does not need a back up. If you can get a good BT100 buy it!

·
Premium Member
10,548 Posts
Browning's not making the 100 anymore because it's too expensive to make and sell to their largest target market ... That's why they'll maintain their value and probably increase value as time passes.

Look what's happened to the 90t HPAR's. A lot of gun, built with quality, for the price and sought after used for near the price of ones bought new. The 100 is in that category.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts