Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Everybody will have a different opinion of best but I have no complaints on my MEC. I have a 650 that I doubt I could ever wear it out. JMO Colonel

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
Depends on your required volume. A single stage like a 600 Jr. is good if you just need a few occasional boxes, and you can save some bucks for shot and powder.

I personally use a Grabber, only step up would be to a powered unit. My volume since I quit registered does not need it.

HM

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
When loading Eurotrash and 800X, I use a Sizemaster without a powder baffle.

When loading the good stuff, I use one of two 9000 MEC presses, depending on whether I load STS or AA-HS hulls. I don't adjust presses, several of each gauge are in arm's reach for different hulls.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Right now, none of them.

Buy factory AAs, send in the rebate, and sell the hulls. You're shooting factory shells for about the cost of the primer, powder, wad, and shot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have loaded thousands of 410 and 28 on my Spolar with no issues. I prefer the Spolar, but the others are not bad either.
Lorrie

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Right now, none of them.

Buy factory AAs, send in the rebate, and sell the hulls. You're shooting factory shells for about the cost of the primer, powder, wad, and shot.
Come on now, it's simple to load 28 gauge shells for under $3.50 a box.
That's the cost to duplicate the AA 3/4 oz Factory Skeet load.
You won't even come close to that for new AA's with the rebate and selling the hulls.
$9.50 - Cheapest price anywhere, $2.00 - Rebate, 25 hulls @.10 - $2.50
That's $5.00 a box and your only going to get a rebate on 5 cases.
After that, your at $7.00, I'll reload!
MG

·
Registered
436 Posts
When loading Eurotrash and 800X, I use a Sizemaster without a powder baffle.

When loading the good stuff, I use one of two 9000 MEC presses, depending on whether I load STS or AA-HS hulls. I don't adjust presses, several of each gauge are in arm's reach for different hulls.
Coach, I gotta admit those MECs are handy when you need to do run of a few hundred of a different gauge or load. In the right model, one can have a loader for each requirement and not break the bank.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I only buy new when my hull supply is turning to trash. 28 and 410 is where the real savings are at when it comes to reloading.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like my MEC 9000E but I am sure they will all work when great when you get them dialed in. I like to disengage the auto-index link on the 28. It goes nearly as fast and you pay more attention to the little things that will go wrong. It is tough to make a case against reloading 28 and 410 IMO. Also, IMO, just like a boat, buy a new one. You don't want to buy someone else's problems and MEC's service for a new machine (if needed) is excellent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts