Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I am a fairly new shooter and recently shot my first straight 25 in trap. I was told that I could get a patch to celebrate it. My question is, in order to get the patch does the 25 straight have to be shot in a tournament? or does it count the same if shot on a Wednesday night trap shoot?
thanks
jP

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
My old club in California used to buy the patches from the ATA and then hand them out right there on the spot anytime somebody shot a 25 during the Tuesday and Saturday sessions, which weren't organized competitions. Eventually, the board of directors put a stop to that and you only got a patch after your first one.

I've got a bunch of them in a manila envelope and I'll gladly send you one if you'd like. It may take me a little while to find the envelope, as I don't recall seeing it since the move, but I'm guessing my wife will know right where it is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My club provides patches for the first 25,50,75or 100 straight. Doesn't matter if it happens in an event or practice. The first straight patch usually "costs" you a hat. Tradition is the witnesses shoot the hat and it gets tacked to the club house wall.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Your going to get opinions on both sides. Some people feel that it only counts during competition. I take my practice seriously so practice as if I'm competing. I feel that shooting straight counts if it's with other shooters on the line with someone keeping score. Congrats either way

·
Keystone Shooter
2,240 Posts
Congratulations on your first 25 straight. Our club hands out patches and certificates for your first 25, 50, 75, and 100 straight. Free. Doesn’t matter if it was a practice, league, or any other competition. 25 straight is 25 straight!!!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I just got my first 25 straight as well- but no patch! LOL .

The trap stuck in straightaway and my squad ( weekday practice) just kept shooting. Hope to get a "real" one soon ;)

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Our club you get a patch and your hat shot. Practice, registered, doesn’t matter. You still shot 25 straight. I’ve made 75 but the 100 still eludes me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A new shooter gets a patch for there first 25,50,75,and 100. Not every one shoots ATA or completion. Its a goal completed. Cheers RRP

·
Registered
23,594 Posts
I was never scared of the folks who had all those “straight” patches on their vests or shooting bags. To me it meant they were jewelry oriented and not WIN oriented. It only matters in your own head. Sooner you forget the patch the sooner you will run the hundred in a tournament and win a nice trophy for your eventual collection. Then the 100 straight and 200 straight pins made in a nice pretty package start coming from different clubs and you can collect as many as you want. But. You have to shoot/move to another club for the next one. It is actually FUN.

Reactions: exfi

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Our club gives out 25 patches...but it is only fair since we shoot the snot out of there hats!!!!! (on first 25)
congrats!
mike

·
Registered
599 Posts
I shot my first 50 in a ATA event and they wanted my hat but I don't ware one so then they were looking at my hearing muffs and I told them to wait till I shoot a 100 straight :)

·
Vendor
7,445 Posts
send me your address , ill mail you a patch
wally riebesell 660-744-4115 text or pm me

1 - 20 of 64 Posts