Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just shot my first 25 straight from the 27 yard line. I know this is common for a lot of you but it took me a couple of months and is a small triumph for me (I am disabled, I lost my left hand in an accident 16 years ago).
Anyway, is there a patch available similiar to other 25 straight patches I have seen but is from the 27 Yrd line?
Thanks and have a good day,
Shane

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!

I have not seen any of those. Maybe get a standard 25 and write it or stencile a 27yd. line on it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Congrats on the straight...."couple of months"??? I can only dream to be able to do that after a couple of months :)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
This makes more sense than to give one out for 25 straight at the 16. Good idea, except pulling this off should get you more than a patch. How about a tattoo? ;-)

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Congratulations, as Don said, & I've never done it from 23yds. with 2 hands. Tattoo or maybe stencil across your forehead. (grin) Ross Puls

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Shane, if there isn't one, there should be!! I'll look through the bunch of patches I have to see if I can locate one. If so, I'll send it to you with my blessings and congratulations!!

Hap

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Tell you what, contact Jim Poublon of AZ Business Embroidery in FL. He is on this site often selling the embroidered shirts and coats. His handle is "Clay Target SSE".

Click the URL link above, and then send him an email. Tell him you spoke to me, Whiz White. He's done some damn fine embroidery for me for my Perazzi stuff. He does some of the finest work I've seen, and si very reasonable!

If you can get him to embroider "27 Yards" on one, I'd be happy to send him a genuine 25 patch, and then he can send it on to you.

Whiz

Now, what you really want is a 100x100 from the 27.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
By the time a guy makes the 27 only 100 straights are important. He should have had many many 25 straights along the way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
WOW congrats!!!!! You should be very proud and happy. keep up the good work and a question earlier was a good one....... What gun do you shoot?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys.
BT-99 Plus, but I just traded it towards a TMX with a release trigger just before Christmas. I hope I don't come to regret it. I wanted both guns but couldn't afford the TMX without the BT as a down payment.
I am struggling with the release and have yet to kill a 25 even at the 16 yrd line, a few 24's but I always have one funky flinch per round. I have been goose hunting at least once a week since I aquired the gun and I think I am just having a little trouble getting in to the 'release'groove. My season ends here in 3 days so maybe not having geese on the brain will help in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.