Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about out of Remington RXP-20 wads. Unique is the only 20 GA powder I can find right now. Anyone have a load they can share.
Using a W209 primer.
I have WWAA20 hulls and STS hulls
Standard 7/8 load.
Alliant data only shows a RXP20 for Remington hulls with a W209. It also has Versalite using a Rem209
Alliant does have data for CB1078 and RXP20 for a WWAA-HS hulls but nothing using Unique and a Versalite wad.

Can someone please confirm, the Versalite is now a DRV-20

Thanks for everything.

· Banned
9,591 Posts
I am about out of Remington RXP-20 wads. Unique is the only 20 GA powder I can find right now. Anyone have a load they can share.
Using a W209 primer.
I have WWAA20 hulls and STS hulls
Standard 7/8 load.
Alliant data only shows a RXP20 for Remington hulls with a W209. It also has Versalite using a Rem209
Alliant does have data for CB1078 and RXP20 for a WWAA-HS hulls but nothing using Unique and a Versalite wad.

Can someone please confirm, the Versalite is now a DRV-20

Thanks for everything.
Yes,
The DRV is the versatile wad.

· Premium Member
877 Posts
Yes,
The DRV is the versatile wad.
The DRV-20 is the Versalite wad, but that is without a doubt the poorest performing 20 ga wad on the market.
If you start getting pooky and splatty loads, it is the wad. The shot cup is poorly supported and the legs of the wad will bend unevenly and the bottom cup will cant under pressure and allow the gas to blow by.
Here is one. Notice that the bottom is askew to the shot cups

Reactions: birdk9

· Registered
13,507 Posts
You may be able to find the load with a rem primer with the wad you want to use. Then you can substitute the Win. primer for the sts primer, but you load 1/2 grain less powder from the data, for the same results. Since the Win. primers are hotter. You need to confirm this with the powder tech. from Alliant. Several times in the past they told me I could do this with my load. I was loading 12 ga. at the time. So its important you get confirmation from a Alliant tech before you load anything with this 20 load and a different powder. Good Luck and don't forget to break em all jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.