Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

20ga Target Load

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Pull & Mark 
#1 ·
Winchester Super Field (WSF). HMB

#6 ·
Probably the best/cleanest load I have found is with Clays UNIVERSAL with Remington STS hulls, Remington RXP 7/8 wads, and Remington STS primers. This is the preferred load (so I read in Skeet Review) used by Todd Bender - see the Hodgdon booklet, but I believe it is 15.0 - 15.5 gr. Universal. Always weigh your charges. Best Regards, Ed

G
#11 ·
omaha',

Try using one of those plastic powder baffles, red one with the spring loaded part that contacts the bar, it cured all my leakage problems. I forget who sells them, PC maybe the supplier.

I get a very small bit of leakage in my 366, but I can live with a couple of flakes.

ec90t

#12 ·
My vote goes for Hodgdon Universal Clays as well. I also use H110 for the 410 as well. H110 is same as Win. 296 powder. Ohmaha, I too got some bad leaks from these small powders (mostly H110) I ordered both the washers needed for the Mec reloaders from Gamaliel. You will need the new rubber washer and the metel washer as well. The metal washer installs below the rubber and sits on top of the charge bar. There are 3 metal arms (springy) so to speak in a circular pattern that must be installed upward against the rubber washer. I now have no leaks at all. I do not like to use a powder baffle as My powder drops with both of these powders are very good, and I don't want anything to cause a light drop and lead to some bloopers so to speak. Good Luck and Break-em all. Merry Christmas too. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.