Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a post that had a site that compared 209 primers. I did a search but did not find it. Anyone know of such a site? I use Chedites and can't find much info on them. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Bill, best way to handle this is to go to your powder company and call them or E-mail them as to the load your looking for with that primer. Go to Alliantpowder.com or Hodgdon.com. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Primer charts are only relative to the powder that was used for the test. They may give you a false sense of being safe.

If you do not want the spend the money having unpublished loads tested, just load one or two levels below the fastest load listed for the powder you want to use.

Jason

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Primers are not generally interchangeable. They can have different results in different loads. If your intent is primer substitutions, it's best to stick with published data. You can also ask the powder companies or send your own loads out for pressure testing. The Nobel Sport was once listed as a replacement for the Winchester W209. They are different diameters and I haven't seen the note about them interchanging in recent data.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you're looking for differences in dimensions then TS member UNKNOWN1 posted the source some time ago. Pasted below. The link to that thread is also pasted below.

-------------------------------------------------

Subject: Cheddite dimensions?......
Email:
Date: Thu, Apr 22, 2010 - 09:12 PM ET
Website Address:

"MK, that's pretty official looking. Where did you get the charts?"
They are in the online issue #4 of Trapshooting USA Magazine, page 50, article entitled "Primer Differences" by Tom Cerreto.

Change the number in the page counter from "1" to "50" and click the blue arrow.

MK

-----------------------

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/message.cfm?messageid=629014

-------------

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.