Trapshooters Forum banner

2021 Grand American in Sparta

2864 14
Just received notification.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Are we 100% sure nothing can change regarding this authorization? I'd hate to celebrate prematurely.
The only things certain are death and taxes. (And taxes can be negotiated). But I’m thinking this is as definite as we can get. I’m sure masks will be required in the event center and probably in the vendors. But “required” is sometimes negotiable too. The Open will be a good trial run. Hoping we’ll be able to squad and cashier online or remotely to cut down crowds.

· Registered
12,998 Posts
All those who predicted doom and gloom can eat crow. Illinois is a great state for trapshooting.
No Crow to eat ! Nobody predicted gloom and doom ! Most of us would go to the Grand NO MATTER WHERE it was going to be held We simply" DID NOT" trust the ILL. liberal Governor or any other ILL . liberals ( AND STILL DON"T ) . They pulled the rug out from under us at the LAST Minute in 2020 and a bunch of folks had to jump through hoops to get the Grand set up at Linn Creek. There WAS still uncertainty this year so "This time" the ATA had the foresight to tell them that they would have to know by May 1st. If they did not make the call by then it was going back to Mo. It's THAT SIMPLE ! It is good that the Grand will be at the WRSC but ,I can assure you that it IS NOT out of the good heart of the Governor. I imagine there was a lot of pressure due to the fact he screwed over so many people ( including the City of Sparta) last year. I'm glad it's going back to Sparta and glad it works out this year . Southern ILL. is full of good people but, I will NEVER trust the "Snakes" that Run ILL. out of Chicago.

· Banned
2,714 Posts
No Crow to eat ! Nobody predicted gloom and doom ! Most of us would go to the Grand NO MATTER WHERE it was going to be held We simply" DID NOT" trust the ILL. liberal Governor or any other ILL . liberals ( AND STILL DON"T ) . They pulled the rug out from under us at the LAST Minute in 2020 and a bunch of folks had to jump through hoops to get the Grand set up at Linn Creek. There WAS still uncertainty this year so "This time" the ATA had the foresight to tell them that they would have to know by May 1st. If they did not make the call by then it was going back to Mo. It's THAT SIMPLE ! It is good that the Grand will be at the WRSC but ,I can assure you that it IS NOT out of the good heart of the Governor. I imagine there was a lot of pressure due to the fact he screwed over so many people ( including the City of Sparta) last year. I'm glad it's going back to Sparta and glad it works out this year . Southern ILL. is full of good people but, I will NEVER trust the "Snakes" that Run ILL. out of Chicago.
It stinks that two crown jewels of shooting (WSRC at Sparta and Northbrook Sports Club)
are in Illinois. But what can you do?

· Registered
2,399 Posts
Most happy to hear it! I plan to attend at least a few days. It's easy to get to from where I live--about 4 hours. Takes longer than that to get to our State shoot.
Personally, I like Sparta.....and the people of Sparta, and Chester (where we have always stayed).
As far as Il goes, I think it's sort of IN YOUR FACE that THE largest FAN PARTICIPATION event in the USA (and with a gun no less) is in a hostile management State.
Long Live Sparta!!
C U There
Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.