Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ELYSBURG, PA

The Executive Committee of the PA State Shotgunning Association (PSSA) is pleased to announce that the Colonial Classic/PA State shoot will be held as planned on June 13-21, 2020. Due to concerns over continuing health issues there will be modifications to certain practices to help protect employees, shooters, vendors, and all who chose to attend. All then current guidelines and regulations will be observed. Since many of these practices are evolving, regular updates will be posted on the PSSA website and Face book.

It is understood that some may choose not to attend, due to continuing concerns, and we appreciate your support and hope to see you at a future PSSA event. Let’s all hope we have great weather and good shooting!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Thank you Jeff !! I will be there on Tuesday - 6/16 for the doubles and shoot the rest of the week. this is great news

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok. Have a couple of questions.... the mandate is groups no larger than 25.... how you going to pull that off? Also, approximately 30% of the shooters come from NY and NJ..... worst place in the country for infection rates. Is the PPP money really worth the risk? To be clear, I was planning on attending this shoot but because there wasn’t a concrete answer on when it was going to be held I committed to working instead. I would bet that as soon as someone raises a stink about the shoot.... they will shut it down. I hope this isn’t the case but would not be surprised if it happens. I will miss the shoot this year and wish everyone the best.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Never been to PA before and curious about logistics...what’s the best airport to fly into? Is there a place to buy shells close by or is it offered on the grounds?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Place to buy shells.... CAC associates. Located on the grounds in vendors row. Not sure if you are flying private or commercial?

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Ok. Have a couple of questions.... the mandate is groups no larger than 25.... how you going to pull that off? Also, approximately 30% of the shooters come from NY and NJ..... worst place in the country for infection rates. Is the PPP money really worth the risk? To be clear, I was planning on attending this shoot but because there wasn’t a concrete answer on when it was going to be held I committed to working instead. I would bet that as soon as someone raises a stink about the shoot.... they will shut it down.
Looks like you're the first...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know this question is asked too early, but if someone sees this and has a list of vendors who are expected that would be great! Missed my opportunity to buy supplies at shoots that have been cancelled. Hoping to go grab some shells from CAC, look at extra lenses, and see what guns are available.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Great news. I hope work doesn’t get in the way As i plan to be there.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Ok. Have a couple of questions.... the mandate is groups no larger than 25.... how you going to pull that off? Also, approximately 30% of the shooters come from NY and NJ..... worst place in the country for infection rates. Is the PPP money really worth the risk? To be clear, I was planning on attending this shoot but because there wasn’t a concrete answer on when it was going to be held I committed to working instead. I would bet that as soon as someone raises a stink about the shoot.... they will shut it down. I hope this isn’t the case but would not be surprised if it happens. I will miss the shoot this year and wish everyone the best.
DinoB - I am not a PA resident nor do I have any "inside poop" from the management of PSSA. but I am a Director of the Obvious. Not obvious to everyone, but it is obvious to me you may have guessed wrong about the PA State Shoot. Whatever factored into your decision to work instead of going to Elysburg and shoot, it seems obvious to me that you have not checked out how PA is managing the virus. It is being managed county by county. Obviously, Northumberland County is currently "yellow" But obviously counties on either side are going or are green now. Obviously, people believe Northumberland will be green before the State Shoot dates. Obviously I am one of the shooters who believes Northumberland will be green well before the State shoot in June. Maybe next year for you is OK, but obviously I am not a young man anymore and obviously this might be it for me. But obviously, I hope we will all be back together in a normal fashion next year. Enjoy the long weekend !!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SND - Harrisburg or Wilkes-Barre are 2 closest airports. As for vendors, we don't have a complete list, but several Shell vendors have confirmed (CAC and Geisers). We allow onsite sales, so others may be attending (Shydas Outdoor). If a final list becomes available I'll post asap.

DinoB - Sorry for the delayed confirmation of the shoot, but as we all know these are difficult times. We will be in compliance with the then guidelines and do our best to accommodate all those attending and sorry that you won't be able to attend. We'll be hosting 3 other shoots this year and hope to see you there!!

Reactions: SND
1 - 20 of 40 Posts