Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I was told no decision was made today. The PSSA EC really wants to hold the shoot as planned but they are waiting for advice from the township and county before moving forward. They are too big an operation to just do things on their own.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
You don’t think of all the additional steps, items, people, businesses that would be involved when holding a shoot this large.
Any club trying to schedule a large shoot in the near future has a monumental task before them.
I wish them well in their endeavor.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was told no decision was made today. The PSSA EC really wants to hold the shoot as planned but they are waiting for advice from the township and county before moving forward. They are too big an operation to just do things on their own.
Any information on when a decision will be made? If this falls apart and gets postponed I have reservations to cancel.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Reservations can normally be cancelled 24-48 hrs prior to your arrival.
Hang tight, think you still have time to cancel if necessary.
Another thread has a little more information but not much,

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,743 Posts
The big thing is to go ahead and PRE-SQUAD.. If we postpone your check gets returned, but you save yourself standing in a line clear down to bank 1 and save the ladies in squadding from taking one more risk. I wish we could classify on line

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
It can all be handled on-line. Kansas state shoot this year is handling it all on one phone call after you pre-squad. You are classified with the information on the system (subject to change if you shoot a bunch of targets prior to the shoot). You pre pay for the whole shoot including your options. You have your squad and bank assignments. If the shoot is cancelled you get a full refund.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Campground reservations in the area require 2 week notice for a refund. That along with the fact if this gets postponed I'm prob going to go to Kansas or Tennessee and need to make reservations there..if I can even get a camping spot at this point.

I don't see the Northumberland County going to green in 4 weeks time. Racetracks weren't allowed to hold pay per view races in PA with no fans in the stands in the yellow phase. It was all set up in Selinsgrove and it got cancelled at the last minute. I don't see how this shoot is going to happen if still in the yellow phase.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If
You don’t think of all the additional steps, items, people, businesses that would be involved when holding a shoot this large.
Any club trying to schedule a large shoot in the near future has a monumental task before them.
I wish them well in their endeavor.
If most only knew half of it.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
It can all be handled on-line. Kansas state shoot this year is handling it all on one phone call after you pre-squad. You are classified with the information on the system (subject to change if you shoot a bunch of targets prior to the shoot). You pre pay for the whole shoot including your options. You have your squad and bank assignments. If the shoot is cancelled you get a full refund.
That's where VA is headed if we can work out all the details.

Reactions: Phatmann

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The big thing is to go ahead and PRE-SQUAD.. If we postpone your check gets returned, but you save yourself standing in a line clear down to bank 1 and save the ladies in squadding from taking one more risk. I wish we could classify on line
You can if you want to, once PreSquad is downloaded into your shoot software, management can classify everybody that's presquaded.
The ATA office isn't that busy right now so the shooter info center is pretty current. I send in the shoot scores for our local club and currently within a day of them getting the email the scores are posted. You will have a few to manually classify no matter what, but they can take a photo of their average card with a cell phone and email it to shoot management the day or two before the shoot if needed.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Border Bandit - there is zero reason that you cannot classify the pre-squadders. Classifiers always make a big deal about a shoot from a week ago that is not currently in the "system". However, I have NEVER seen any classifier demand the shooter pony up an up-to-date average card. I see classifiers at ALL the Pennsylvania shoots accept plastic cards only - and lots of the people who are classifying hand in 4 or more plastic cards but NO AVERAGE cards. Obviously you could classify based on the ATA data because that is what you do anyway !! I always turn in an up-to-date average card but NO-ONE ever looks at it

Reactions: stocker1042

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Border Bandit - Post Script - If PSSA used the real Pre-squad.com and changed the starting traps every event - you would see a totally different world. But the pre-squad system used by PSSA and the Grand American will never encourage shooters to use it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PSSA owes it to its customers(shooters) to decide now. If you aren’t ready now to host the shoot you won’t be ready in 4 weeks. There are many good points brought up in this thread about logistics and also bans on large gatherings. The PSSA should ask how are they going to handle the 1000 plus shooters that show up for the Krieghoff handicap? Is the governor going to allow such large public gatherings ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
As of yesterday gatherings of more than 25 are still prohibited in all of Pennsylvania. There is no mention of when this may ease or if exceptions may be considered. I am pretty sure that the PSSA is aware of this and it may be influencing their decision.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My friends and I are all presquadded and hoping it will be a go. I think we can all be responsible for some physical distancing where required.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As of yesterday gatherings of more than 25 are still prohibited in all of Pennsylvania.
That doesn't seem to be the case at supermarkets, Home Depots, Walmarts, Lowes, etc. ....Guess it depends on who owns what and who knows who.

Caution, precautions, and common sense should now supersede governors' edicts!

·
Registered
176 Posts
As of yesterday gatherings of more than 25 are still prohibited in all of Pennsylvania. There is no mention of when this may ease or if exceptions may be considered. I am pretty sure that the PSSA is aware of this and it may be influencing their decision.
Good luck with ur influence on THE WOLF MAN, if this works RUN FOR THE GOVERNATOR next time u can!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I saw this today on the PSSA website, looks encouraging.

Scorer and Loader Training 2020
Posted on May 18, 2020

ATTENTION REMINDER:

TRAINING FOR PSSA NEW EMPLOYEES WILL BEGIN ON MONDAY MAY18th, 5:00pm

405 MONASTERY RD ELYSBURG

THANK YOU!!

Just a reminder we’ll be doing this every Monday and Thursday thru June 11th. We provide the Targets, just bring your Shells and help PSSA train our Scorers and Loaders for 2020.

Memorial Day Weekend and Practice Tickets
Posted on May 18, 2020
Just an Update that we’ll be shooting practice next weekend, May 23rd and 24th . Hours will be 9am – 4pm both days. Singles, Handicap and Doubles will be available. Practice will be $5 per Round on Bank 6.

We’re also extending the Practice Target Pre-Sale, 10 rounds for $50, thru June 12th. Practice targets will return to $6 a round after June 12th.

The new LongRange Target Management system has been installed on Bank 6. It will be utilized for Practice at all our PSSA Events. It was generously donated by a Patron of the PSSA, who wishes to remain anonymous.
Long Range LLC | Wireless Trap Release

1 - 20 of 23 Posts