Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The program has been sent to the printer and will be mailed out the first week of June. The web version may be viewed or downloaded at the link below.
https://indd.adobe.com/view/61393b11-8a2f-4533-b486-200562e94675
We also ask that everyone would please let us know if you are coming this year by clicking on the link and filling out the form.
https://motraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EmailMe-Form-Missouri-State-Shoot-Questionaire2.htm
Thanks for your support and patience this year.
Hope to see you there!
2020 SS cover.JPG
Lets go shooting.JPG

Steve R

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Steve I would encourage you and the board to look into allowing classifying and cashiering for the shoot. This would happen after the shooter has pre-squad and paid for the pre-squad . I just completed this process for the Kansas State shoot, worked great, they also will refund your entry funds if you can't shoot. A copy of the procedure can be found at the KTA website under 2020 shoot info. This would keep the crowds down in the clubhouse and the lines much shorter. One person is doing this over the phone.Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm really looking forward to our state shoot, which is one of the best in the country. I also agree with Big Ed that the described method of squadding and cashiering would not only be beneficial from a safety standpoint, it may also encourage shooters to attend who may otherwise have chosen not to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve I would encourage you and the board to look into allowing classifying and cashiering for the shoot. This would happen after the shooter has pre-squad and paid for the pre-squad . I just completed this process for the Kansas State shoot, worked great, they also will refund your entry funds if you can't shoot. A copy of the procedure can be found at the KTA website under 2020 shoot info. This would keep the crowds down in the clubhouse and the lines much shorter. One person is doing this over the phone.Thanks.
Ed we have been discussing a way to prepay which would also require shooters to classify ahead of time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks Steve, that should make it much for the ladies in the office. Kansas is using the current averages from the ATA and depending on shooters to be honest if they have shot lately and should be classified differently. By talking with a live person that can be taken care of at that time. Really looking forward to attending one of the best shoots in the country.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Ed we have been discussing a way to prepay which would also require shooters to classify ahead of time.
Steve : If you want to cut down the number of people in the pay line first thing in the morning drop the NO REFUND unless an event is cancelled policy .After all it`s the shooters $$$$$$ . Most shooters pay each day as the shoot progresses because of this policy . Myself and many others would only go through the pay line once buy paying for the whole shoot in one trip . I have even began to pay by each event on day`s that`s threatening rain because of the NO REFUND policy . To make it pay for the help having to make refunds retain say $2.00 per event refunded .

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Steve : If you want to cut down the number of people in the pay line first thing in the morning drop the NO REFUND unless an event is cancelled policy .After all it`s the shooters $$$$$$ . Most shooters pay each day as the shoot progresses because of this policy . Myself and many others would only go through the pay line once buy paying for the whole shoot in one trip . I have even began to pay by each event on day`s that`s threatening rain because of the NO REFUND policy . To make it pay for the help having to make refunds retain say $2.00 per event refunded .
This!! I do the same as ks okie. Ive had some health issues the last few years and never pay more than a day at a time. Im sure others are in the same boat. I b e had to pull out of some shoots than I ever imagined because or it. Rain, cold, heat, I don't care, I came to shoot but if ot feeling well rears its ugly head I have no choice but to pull out and paying to far in advance leaves money on the table.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
I also refuse to pay ahead because of the no refund policy. Got burned once years ago and never again. I have waited till afternoon to pay for a handicap event because of bad weather possibility. A nominal fee of $2.00 an event to refund would be acceptable to me also. MUCH better than losing 60-80 bucks per event with daily fees and options.

One more thing I would add, IF the shooter paid with cash, the refund should be paid in cash, not put on a card that takes 7-10 days to process. I pay with cash always, and would expect to get cash back. If the shooter pays with a card, then obviously put it back on their card. That was their choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The program has been sent to the printer and will be mailed out the first week of June. The web version may be viewed or downloaded at the link below.
https://indd.adobe.com/view/61393b11-8a2f-4533-b486-200562e94675
We also ask that everyone would please let us know if you are coming this year by clicking on the link and filling out the form.
https://motraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EmailMe-Form-Missouri-State-Shoot-Questionaire2.htm
Thanks for your support and patience this year.
Hope to see you there!
View attachment 1686809 View attachment 1686813
Steve R
Is the gun club grill going to be up and going for breakfast, lunch, etc?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I also refuse to pay ahead because of the no refund policy. Got burned once years ago and never again. I have waited till afternoon to pay for a handicap event because of bad weather possibility. A nominal fee of $2.00 an event to refund would be acceptable to me also. MUCH better than losing 60-80 bucks per event with daily fees and options.
No doubt about it, the no refund policy makes for long lines in the mornings........a pain in the ass on a normal day, maybe dangerous during this pandemic! The rule should be dropped!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will most likely have another meeting soon to discuss and finalize what the arrangements will be for classification and pre-cashiering for the State Shoot. As soon as more information is available I will post the details. There is a lot happening at the moment please be patient.

Thanks

Steve R

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
We will most likely have another meeting soon to discuss and finalize what the arrangements will be for classification and pre-cashiering for the State Shoot. As soon as more information is available I will post the details. There is a lot happening at the moment please be patient.

Thanks

Steve R
I don't think anyone is rushing things, just offering suggestions and ideas to be considered. Lot's of things this year that have never had to be dealt with before. It is new to all of us, shooters and organizers alike. We appreciate what it takes to get a shoot that size up and running in normal conditions, let alone the crap we are dealing with this time.

Thanks for posting and keeping us informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts