1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to the 2014 Ohio Hall of Fame Inductees:

Merle Decker, Jr

Kathleen Cherubini Laurisky

We will honor Merle and Kathleen's family on Thursday evening of the State Shoot.

Sara Dean

OSTA President

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats to Merle and Kathleen's family! Two very deserving inductees.

DuckDog

AKA Don Cogan

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congrats to both, looking forward to visiting with you Merle. I can already hear the stories you and Willie will be telling. What a great honor for you and Kathleen!!! Glenn Allison

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Merle always knew where the good places to eat were....

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
On top of being an excellent shooter,Merle can put on a great comedy show. (with a few beers) :) Very good choices,well deserved.

Clyde

·
Registered
489 Posts
Clyde,

Are you sure we are talking about the same Merle Decker? Willie and Merle always drank lemonade, right? I wasn't aware that Merle ever had a beer in his life! Oh wait, there was that one time..... All kidding aside, Merle was certainly "The Man" in our neck of the woods when I started shooting. Not only a great shot but just a lot of fun to talk to as well. Looking forward to the induction ceremony.

Don Cogan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Merle would always ask you how you shot when he seen you and would never talk about his shooting unless you asked, a true gentlemen.

Joe McGorman

P.S I remember him singing zip a de doo da on his way to shot singles at Jaqua's one day and he ran 200 straight, what a guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts